Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

On 12/17/2018 at 7:28 PM, Forge said:

Cory too IR. Blackwood called up. Really curious to see if he gets a start

Well, Kinkaid got him in the game if that counts? 

Lol we are terrible. If we dont land Jack Hughes, I'll probably have crippling depression during hockey season. Kaapo, Cozens, Dach or Podkolzin after this season is just not enough. 

36 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Well, Kinkaid got him in the game if that counts? 

Lol we are terrible. If we dont land Jack Hughes, I'll probably have crippling depression during hockey season. Kaapo, Cozens, Dach or Podkolzin after this season is just not enough. 

Lol God what a cluster mess this team is. Just atrocious. 

I drafted Dach in NHL 19, I've been less than impressed with him. It took him 3 years to make my big league roster, and even then, only as a third liner. Clearly, we should avoid him in the draft 

Wow, Hynes going drastic for tonight's game...I think he may be at his wit's end lol. 

Blackwood gets the start, which is nice to see. More or less just curious how he is progressing. But the line pairings...man, he chopped those up

Taylor Hall - Travis Zajac - Blake Coleman

Marcus Johansson - Nico Hischier - Kyle Palmieri 

Miles Wood - Pavel Zacha - John Quenneville

Brian Boyle - Brett Seney - Jesper Bratt

Damon Severson - Sami Vatanen

Will Butcher - Ben Lovejoy

Andy Greene - Steven Santini

I still don't get how Mueller is the guy that you sit...he's a bit inconsistent, but damn, c'mon, he's not lovejoy / Greene bad. He's still largely been one of our best defensemen all year (granted, that doesn't say much, but still). Not sure I love those pairings, but I guess it's whatever at this point. Need to try and find something that works, god knows nothing else has at this point in time. 

I know that we are in on the Hughes sweepstakes, but I'm not going to lie, if we end up with Kakko, I'm going to be pretty ecstatic as well. I think that this could absolutely be a situation where you basically have two guys that could be the #1 overall pick in any given year, and they just ended up in the same draft class (Kind of like Matthews / Laine & McDavid and Eichel)

Wow, rough start for the Santini and Vats pairing. Just brutal, and that's our #1 pairing in this game. Santini gets caught looking around standing still on the first goal, and on the second, I have no idea where the hell Vats is and Santini ends up having to cover 2 guys. 

How we give up so many clean, cross ice, through the seam passes, I have no idea. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Forge said:

I know that we are in on the Hughes sweepstakes, but I'm not going to lie, if we end up with Kakko, I'm going to be pretty ecstatic as well. I think that this could absolutely be a situation where you basically have two guys that could be the #1 overall pick in any given year, and they just ended up in the same draft class (Kind of like Matthews / Laine & McDavid and Eichel)

I haven't seen much of Kaapo. He's probably really good but Hughes is a franchise changer and that's something we desperately need.