Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Doing their best to keep us from Clarke, Hughes or Power. And we got 1 more to go. 

Bratt not scoring is like the most annoying thing in the world. He had one goal that should have been stopped, ricocheted off the goalie mask and went in, but then had one incredible move in close where he put it off the post, and then a wicked shot he also rang off the post

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Bratt not scoring is like the most annoying thing in the world. He had one goal that should have been stopped, ricocheted off the goalie mask and went in, but then had one incredible move in close where he put it off the post, and then a wicked shot he also rang off the post

I missed it all. Went to the bar for trivia and got ripped. Thank you vaccine. 

Edited by beekay414

Go figure, we win 3 in a row, get 7 outta 8 points vs the Flyers and the Ducks manage to win 2 outta their last 3 vs the Kings. Don't think the Ducks are winning another game (STL x2 and MIN x2) so the 2 slot is outta the question at this point. Good thing is, CBJ gets 2 vs NSH and 2 more vs DET to end the year.

Race for #4 (and #2, I guess)

Ducks (39 PTS) - 4 G (STL x2, MIN x2)
Devils (41 PTS) - 5 G (BOS x2, NYI x2, PHI)
Jackets (43 PTS) - 4 G (NSH x2, DET x2)
Sens (43 PTS) - 5 G (WPG x2, MON, CGY, TML)
Kings (44 PTS) - 7 G (ARI x2, COL x4, STL)
Red Wings (45 PTS) - 2 G (CBJ x2)
Sharks (45 PTS) - 5 G (COL x2, ARI x2, VGK)

Canucks have 41 PTS but they have 11 games left.

We could feasibly fall pretty god damn far yet lol

They are talking about it on HF some but if we can use our cap space to get Hamilton and Wennberg, we could be pretty friggin' good as soon as next year. Would also assume we get a real 1B goalie so we can alleviate some pressure on MacBlack.

Kuokkanen-Hughes-Sharangovich (eventually Foote and Kuok swap places btw)
Zacha-Hischier-Bratt
Foote-Wennberg-Mercer (think he'll earn a spot outta camp, if he doesn't, this is Merkley)
Wood-McLeod-Bastian

Murray-Hamilton
Smith-Severson
Siegenthaler-Subban

Blackwood-1B G

Give a draft pick to Seattle to take Johnsson. They'd probably do it for the Isles 22 4th. Another route could be to give them a really nice pick for one of the goalies they draft since they're going to have a plethora of options to choose from. Something like a 2nd rounder. So they take Johnsson, we give them the '22 4th to do it and then give them an additional 2nd for a goalie. They may even take Butcher. Basically, what I'm saying is we have options to work from. I don't think we want to lose anything from the BMW line tbqh.

That allows us to give guys like Boqvist, Holtz, Clarke and Thompson full AHL seasons as well as slowly bringing Okhotyuk, Bahl and Vukojevic along on the defensive side. Same for Walsh.

Damn, just thinking about it, we are in a great position, man.

Edited by beekay414

Ducks (39 PTS) - 3 G (STL, MIN x2)
Devils (41 PTS) - 4 G (BOS, NYI x2, PHI)
Jackets (44 PTS) - 3 G (NSH, DET x2)
Sens (45 PTS) - 4 G (WPG, MON, CGY, TML)
Sharks (46 PTS) - 4 G (COL, ARI x2, VGK)
Kings (46 PTS) - 6 G (ARI, COL x4, STL)

Canucks have 41 PTS with 10 games left.

Ducks, Devils, Canucks lost outright. Sens and Kings won. Jackets and Sharks lost in OT. Wings were idle.

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Ducks (39 PTS) - 3 G (STL, MIN x2)
Devils (41 PTS) - 4 G (BOS, NYI x2, PHI)
Jackets (44 PTS) - 3 G (NSH, DET x2)
Sens (45 PTS) - 4 G (WPG, MON, CGY, TML)
Sharks (46 PTS) - 4 G (COL, ARI x2, VGK)
Kings (46 PTS) - 6 G (ARI, COL x4, STL)

Canucks have 41 PTS with 10 games left.

Ducks, Devils, Canucks lost outright. Sens and Kings won. Jackets and Sharks lost in OT. Wings were idle.

I feel good about getting a dman even if we pick line 6th 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I feel good about getting a dman even if we pick line 6th 

I don't. Hughes, maybe, but he's going to be skating again before the draft so I doubt he falls. I think the top 5 is some order of Beniers, Power, Hughes, Clarke, Guenther. If we end up 6th, we'll be taking Eklund IMO.