Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Oh hey, look. Defense completely crumbles, plays like crap, and we blow a two goal lead with three unanswered.

Serious question, how many of our current defensemen should have a long term future here (past next season?). Severson because of the contract. Is that it? I know we will probably sign butcher since he's just restricted, but honestly, he probably shouldn't have a long term future here

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Oh hey, look. Defense completely crumbles, plays like crap, and we blow a two goal lead with three unanswered.

Serious question, how many of our current defensemen should have a long term future here (past next season?). Severson because of the contract. Is that it? I know we will probably sign butcher since he's just restricted, but honestly, he probably shouldn't have a long term future here

None of them, if I had any say. I'm either trading Severson or moving him to RW. He's just not good in his own zone. The rest of them aren't worth the jockstrap they put on every game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

None of them, if I had any say. I'm either trading Severson or moving him to RW. He's just not good in his own zone. The rest of them aren't worth the jockstrap they put on every game.

Mueller once again the only defenseman with a positive plus minus. 

Also, I love that we call up Murphy, he actually isn't horrible in his one game, so we immediately send him down so we can keep playing Lovejoy. Wtf. He's possibly been laying the worst of his career this season, and that is truly saying something. We have Murphy and yakovlev sitting there, younger guys we could get an evaluation on through the rest of the season in order to determine if we want to bring them back, but nope, let's keep rolling Lovejoy out there

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mueller once again the only defenseman with a positive plus minus. 

Also, I love that we call up Murphy, he actually isn't horrible in his one game, so we immediately send him down so we can keep playing Lovejoy. Wtf. He's possibly been laying the worst of his career this season, and that is truly saying something. We have Murphy and yakovlev sitting there, younger guys we could get an evaluation on through the rest of the season in order to determine if we want to bring them back, but nope, let's keep rolling Lovejoy out there

I just don't ******* get it with Hynes. Dude has no clue what he's doing. He only got extended because he's buddy buddy with Shero and that's a big problem for me. I can't stand cronyism in sports. Hynes and his staff (outside Nasreddine) can't evaluate or develop talent to save their lives. We've still never even gotten to see what we've got in Santini either because he can't get consistent playing time due to playing veterans in a vain attempt to win. We suck. Play and develop the youth. Last year was fun but it's obviously over-inflated Hynes' self worth. Dude sucks. 

• Like 1

Man, I really don't want to buy Cory out and have a 3 million dollar hit for the next 45 years, but jfc, I have no idea what else can be done at this point. He's just so damn bad man. Like, he can't even catch the puck. He's just getting in the way sometimes and the rebounds just kick out. 

• Like 1

Well, if there's a positive to be taken from the game, it's that possibly our two most stable and consistent players, a twenty year old sixth round pick and a teenager, fired a ton of pucks at the net. 8 shots for Bratt, 7 for Nico. That's huge because something I want both of them to work on is getting more shots (Bratt in particular as he was a really nice shot, and he's not going to have the linemates that Nico is going to have typically). Bratt was really good at creating space, had a couple of nice passes to boot. Nico pretty much ground the entire game out - they were collapsing on him whenever he had the puck, and he still was good. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, if there's a positive to be taken from the game, it's that possibly our two most stable and consistent players, a twenty year old sixth round pick and a teenager, fired a ton of pucks at the net. 8 shots for Bratt, 7 for Nico. That's huge because something I want both of them to work on is getting more shots (Bratt in particular as he was a really nice shot, and he's not going to have the linemates that Nico is going to have typically). Bratt was really good at creating space, had a couple of nice passes to boot. Nico pretty much ground the entire game out - they were collapsing on him whenever he had the puck, and he still was good. 

Outside of Smith and possibly Blackwood, Nico and Jesper are the only young guys I'm really excited about with this team. LIS before, we have so many damn holes to fill thanks to Lou leaving the cupboard bare and Shero not quite putting the proper developmental coaching around them throughout the system. At this point, I think we're going to end up having to trade Hall because I don't see any way that we're good soon.

Lines tonight (a game I actually get to watch on FS Wisconsin)

Wood-Zajac-Palmieri
Johansson-Hischier-Bratt
Agostino-Zacha-Anderson
Stafford-Rooney-Gabriel (as I call it the UGH HYNES line)

Greene-Severson
Mueller-Gryba (lol)
Butcher-Lovejoy (lol)

We not only have little talent, we have a head coach that couldn't find his way out of a paper bag.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Lines tonight (a game I actually get to watch on FS Wisconsin)

Wood-Zajac-Palmieri
Johansson-Hischier-Bratt
Agostino-Zacha-Anderson
Stafford-Rooney-Gabriel (as I call it the UGH HYNES line)

Greene-Severson
Mueller-Gryba (lol)
Butcher-Lovejoy (lol)

We not only have little talent, we have a head coach that couldn't find his way out of a paper bag.

lol what a joke. Lovejoy / Gryba / Gabriel as opposed to...I Don't know...anyone else? I'm completely off Hynes. There's no reason for this type of nonsense. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

lol what a joke. Lovejoy / Gryba / Gabriel as opposed to...I Don't know...anyone else? I'm completely off Hynes. There's no reason for this type of nonsense. 

There is ZERO reason that Stafford, Gabriel and Rooney should be on this roster, at this point, over the likes of Quenneville, McLeod and even someone like Blake Speers or Marian Studenic. Gryba and Lovejoy (who hopefully gets dealt at the deadline) should be a combination of Santini, Murphy, Sissons, Jacobs or Yakovlev. It's not hard. We suck something fierce, those vets are garbage. PLAY THE YOUTH.