Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Florida has Tippett available. Not sure what the ask is. Torn because he's not been very productive, but could be a really nice add for something we need. I regret not getting Bennett and it could be a similar situation. Maybe he gets away and someone can unlock something

We're also in on Garland again

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

It's so easy to forget about our Russians lol

Gritsyuk continues to beast out in the khl. 9 points in last 10

I like investing in the Russians. Let them simmer and bring them over when they are nice and well done. It's a never ending loophole since they don't count towards the contracts and their rights are held forever.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

I like investing in the Russians. Let them simmer and bring them over when they are nice and well done. It's a never ending loophole since they don't count towards the contracts and their rights are held forever.

Same. 

Im hopeful that we can bring both over after next year. May make the transition easier if we can bring both at once and they can do it together

Shak and Grits?

Yep. Mookie is under contract for two more years, but we have signed him, so he's basically loaned, I think m  So I'd loan him another year, then bring both over after next season. 

Personal transitions always seem to hit the Russian kids the hardest. Will help to have others I think

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yep. Mookie is under contract for two more years, but we have signed him, so he's basically loaned, I think m  So I'd loan him another year, then bring both over after next season. 

Personal transitions always seem to hit the Russian kids the hardest. Will help to have others I think

Zaitsev might be ready by then as well, though I could see him not coming over ever. Misyul is a lost cause at this point as well IMO.

• Like 1

Zaitsev might be ready by then as well, though I could see him not coming over ever. Misyul is a lost cause at this point as well IMO.

So sad about misyul. 

Zaitsev was a guy I thought always seemed like he could give it a shot. Sadly would be 25 by the time we got him, but maybe he'll give it a shot at that point. That's a ton of khl games under his belt by then. Wouldn't be that big of a jump given a maxed frame

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't get it. What's the deal with him? He had a hell of a foundation to work with but just can't do anything offensively.

I feel like he crawled into a dog house and never made it out. His D+2 year they basically just made him a 7th dman at one point, I think. Even now, he's only averaging 13 minutes of ice per night. 

He was averaging that in the khl playoffs 4 years ago. It's like he really pissed someone off

Just now, Forge said:

I feel like he crawled into a dog house and never made it out. His D+2 year they basically just made him a 7th dman at one point, I think. Even now, he's only averaging 13 minutes of ice per night. 

He was averaging that in the khl playoffs 4 years ago. It's like he really pissed someone off

Then there's no point in leaving him over there. Bring him over here and properly try to develop him.

• Like 1