Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

I think Luke's going to be on the right side. Seems like that's where he's most comfortable but, yes, we have too many LHD.

For sure. Edwards may still be a bit of a longshot, but he can skate at an NHL level if everything else pans out 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Don't tell that to STI. He still thinks he's not a viable prospect lol.

I don't know why. Honestly it's the skating that's always the biggest thing for me. If you're an NHL skater.... Let alone a guy I would classify as potentially being a good nhl skater, I think you always have some sort of shot

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know why. Honestly it's the skating that's always the biggest thing for me. If you're an NHL skater.... Let alone a guy I would classify as potentially being a good nhl skater, I think you always have some sort of shot

Let's see what he does replacing Power next year. Well, he won't "replace" him, he'll just jump into a top 4 role, hopefully. Not sure what their incoming class looks like on the blue line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Edwards actually may be their #1 LHD if Hughes sticks to the right side, though I could see Hughes being the #1 LHD with Seamus Casey being his running mate.

I think Edwards has a good shot at it. He's a little older, has some games under his belt  He's going to have a lot of time to cook for us too. We hold his rights for ostensibly 5 years because he took a year before going to college. 

• Like 1

Florida has Tippett available. Not sure what the ask is. Torn because he's not been very productive, but could be a really nice add for something we need. I regret not getting Bennett and it could be a similar situation. Maybe he gets away and someone can unlock something

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also, Buffalo may have smashed that draft two years ago between Quinn and peterka

They've got a real nice core going, even after losing Eichel. Quinn, JJP, Tuch, Krebs, Cozens, Rosen, Dahlin, Joker, Samuelsson, UPL, Levi,  and Portillo.

• Like 1