Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1657245506886.png

He had second most productive age 16 season in Slovakia's history and finished only one point off Gaborik, and the third most productive age 17 season (consider it 4 if you want to bump Bicek for games played)  in Slovakia's history. And he's a defenseman lol. Hossa is a Hall of Famer and honestly Gaborik probably could have been if injuries didn't crush him. 

He also played heavy 5 on 5 minutes...like...I still would have taken Wright, but I 100% think that this kid is legit and going to be good. Makes me really hard pressed to not feel good about the pick. 

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

They’re breaking down the pick on the Lets go Devils podcast and people are saying defensively he’s always in the right position, forwards done skate by him and he’s good with his stick. It doesn’t sound like he’s bad defensively 

He's definitely got some defensive issues, particularly in gap control, but I think a lot of his defensive issues are fixable. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Probably why we traded for Vanacek

Yeah, I think he costs considerably less than that. I don't hate it at all. He's been pretty good 5 on 5 with the PK really being what is crushing his numbers.