Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Reports are that Campbell could get 5x5. I'm fine with that.

I really don't want to be giving him that term. I'd think long and hard about it. He has a much better track record than Husso, and Husso is probably due for some regression because of what drove his numbers last year, but 5 years on Campbell doesn't sit well for me. I may be inclined to kick the tires on Kuemper or something. I'm not sure I trust Campbell enough (or any of these goalies if we are being honest) to just hop all in at a 5 year term  if that is what it took. 

God I hate being in this place in goal. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I really don't want to be giving him that term. I'd think long and hard about it. He has a much better track record than Husso, and Husso is probably due for some regression because of what drove his numbers last year, but 5 years on Campbell doesn't sit well for me. I may be inclined to kick the tires on Kuemper or something. I'm not sure I trust Campbell enough (or any of these goalies if we are being honest) to just hop all in at a 5 year term  if that is what it took. 

God I hate being in this place in goal. 

Eh, we can deal with it. Push comes to shove, if his health goes, you send him to Robidas. Give him the term to get him here and figure it out later. He's a good goalie.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Eh, we can deal with it. Push comes to shove, if his health goes, you send him to Robidas. Give him the term to get him here and figure it out later. He's a good goalie.

He's also slightly mental 😂

Throwback goalie in that regard

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

@Forge You need to stop putting the juju out that you'd be fine with Cooley, man. If we take him, I may have to put you on ignore.

Or worse...

Intentionally try to get banned.

I wouldn't be upset, but I think the chance is so small that I've barely thought about it. Slaf, wright or defense, I'm 99.8% sure

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

@Forge You need to stop putting the juju out that you'd be fine with Cooley, man. If we take him, I may have to put you on ignore.

Or worse...

Intentionally try to get banned.

I’ll give you one . If Mtl takes Slaf, I want Cooley.

Everyone says the same things about him. High upside , explosive, high processing speed. 

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’ll give you one . If Mtl takes Slaf, I want Cooley.

Everyone says the same things about him. High upside , explosive, high processing speed. 

No, people just equate speed as upside. I'd argue that Gauthier and Kasper have higher upsides than Cooley. 

I'm willing to bet, in the end, there will be almost a dozen players better than Cooley from this class. He's the last thing we need or should want.