Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think maybe 60/40, but I don't think the devils are in a hurry to move Mac. I think it would be different if Bernier was healthy, but I don't think he is or will be

I mean, my biggest issue is that MBW is going into his next contract negotiation after this season. Do we think he's going to be fine being the #2? Because we're not bringing in Campbell or Husso to be the #2. Whoever we bring in, he better be getting anywhere from 50-55 games in net (so just over 60-40 split). 

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, my biggest issue is that MBW is going into his next contract negotiation after this season. Do we think he's going to be fine being the #2? Because we're not bringing in Campbell or Husso to be the #2. Whoever we bring in, he better be getting anywhere from 50-55 games in net (so just over 60-40 split). 

I'm still calling Vegas and seeing how they feel about a Mac / lehner swap 

It'd have to be more about them shaving some cap, TBH 

I'd eat half his deal to help facilitate it. They get a potential starting caliber goalie for under $1.5 Million while we get someone we know is a 1a. 

• Like 1

Take a gander at the Habs HF board and it really feels like they are starting to get the impression that Montreal is taking Slaf. I guess they are starting to give it credibility now. Lavoie indicated yesterday he'd be surprised if the pick was Wright, and now Francois Gagnon indicates it sounds more and more like Slaf for Montreal. 

Vegas receives:
G Mackenzie Blackwood (50% Retained - $1.4m)
C/W Jesper Boqvist's RFA rights (they re-sign him at 950k)
LW Nolan Foote (2x863k remaining on ELC)
W Janne Kuokkanen (1x1.825m remaining)
Edmonton's 2022 4th

New Jersey receives:
G Robin Lehner
C Nicolas Roy's RFA rights

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

Take a gander at the Habs HF board and it really feels like they are starting to get the impression that Montreal is taking Slaf. I guess they are starting to give it credibility now. Lavoie indicated yesterday he'd be surprised if the pick was Wright, and now Francois Gagnon indicates it sounds more and more like Slaf for Montreal. 

Shane Wright, c'mon down. Win-win scenario.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Vegas receives:
G Mackenzie Blackwood (50% Retained - $1.4m)
C/W Jesper Boqvist's RFA rights (they re-sign him at 950k)
LW Nolan Foote (2x863k remaining on ELC)
W Janne Kuokkanen (1x1.825m remaining)
Edmonton's 2022 4th

New Jersey receives:
G Robin Lehner
C Nicolas Roy

I'd 100% do that 

• Like 1

I'd 100% do that 

I'm like 20% sure Vegas would lol.

The biggest thing they need is real depth and that's our biggest asset. We should be all over it. I would flip them Bernier for a contract they aren't super happy with (Brossoit?) and they can LTIR him to save the space. They roll with Blackwood and Thompson as their goalies while saving money in the process.