Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

8 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

@AkronsWitness I heard it from a reliable co-worker who also works for the Browns, traveled to the combine with the Browns, and sat beside members of the front office throughout. Articles about his being paid an insane amount of money have nothing to do with what I heard.

I get that, but are the Browns really going to pay Saquon Barkley the 4th highest RB money, Carlos Hyde 9th most and Duke Johnson 10th. 3 RBs on your roster that your all paying as top 10 guys in the NFL? That 5th year option for the 4th pick in the draft will be close to 20 million dollars......for a RB -- so its not like they get the benefit of the awesome 5th year option for 1st rounders.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

I get that, but are the Browns really going to pay Saquon Barkley the 4th highest RB money, Carlos Hyde 9th most and Duke Johnson 10th. 3 RBs on your roster that your all paying as top 10 guys in the NFL?

The smoke I was referring to was in regards to the Giants, not the Browns. I heard it from an employee of the Browns. 

I don't think they take Barkley, moreso because of Dorsey's history with taking RB's in later rounds combined with the sheer talent and depth of this RB class.

15 minutes ago, mistakey said:

conditional 3rd for jamie collins
barkevious mingo trade

But we're talking about collins potentially sucking.

I'll give you getting anything for Mingo, one of my more hated picks.

3 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

The smoke I was referring to was in regards to the Giants, not the Browns. I heard it from an employee of the Browns. 

I don't think they take Barkley, moreso because of Dorsey's history with taking RB's in later rounds combined with the sheer talent and depth of this RB class.

aaaaaaaaaahhhh gotcha.

Yea so basically I ruled out Barkley as a option for the Browns at #4. So if Chubb goes #2...the Browns are not taking Saquon....what realisitic other option is there at 4 besides trade down.

Its like if Chubb goes #2 its a guarantee trade down with somebody because since we have 2 of the highest paid guards in NFL, Nelson is also not an option I see either.

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Whoops I thought I listed that in there. I dont know if I would prefer that...

Here is why I know its not Barkley..because the $$ makes no sense. When we are already paying Hyde top 10 RB money and need to pay Duke.

@MistaBohmbastic this is probably why you heard its smoke.

We dont have a qb, how good would Saquon have to be to take him at 1 when there are qb’s in the draft?

He would have to be better than Marshall Faulk.

the only logic in understand for pick 1 is to take re best qb

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

But we're talking about collins potentially sucking.

I'll give you getting anything for Mingo, one of my more hated picks.

no, you were talking about collins potentially sucking for some reason

dude tears his acl and all of a sudden he's chopped liver

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

aaaaaaaaaahhhh gotcha.

Yea so basically I ruled out Barkley as a option for the Browns at #4. So if Chubb goes #2...the Browns are not taking Saquon....why the hell do the Browns do at 4.

Its like if Chubb goes #2 its a guarantee trade down with somebody because since we have 2 of the highest paid guards in NFL, Nelson is also not an option I see either.

Not necessarily. If they don't get their king's ransom, I think we shouldn't rule out Denzel Ward. 

I believe Marshon Lattimore's impact with New Orleans has really helped Ward's stock this year because his play last season absolutely being worthy of top 5 value. I think the Browns do truly like Ward, and with Chubb off the board, if there is not an offer that can't be refused, I could easily see him being the pick.

However, I don't think Chubb will go second.

Just now, mistakey said:

no, you were talking about collins potentially sucking for some reason

dude tears his acl and all of a sudden he's chopped liver

I do not remember him making an impact before that.

Could have been the wimp Williams' scheme...dnk.

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I get that, but are the Browns really going to pay Saquon Barkley the 4th highest RB money, Carlos Hyde 9th most and Duke Johnson 10th. 3 RBs on your roster that your all paying as top 10 guys in the NFL? That 5th year option for the 4th pick in the draft will be close to 20 million dollars......for a RB -- so its not like they get the benefit of the awesome 5th year option for 1st rounders.

I dont think we take Barkley, but it won't be because of the money.  

However, are you sure the 5th year option would be close to 20 million??  Doesnt seem right.  If that's the case then the 5th year option doesnt seem very important for ANY position.  Even for a QB who turns out to be great that isnt even really a bargain for a year.

3 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

I dont think we take Barkley, but it won't be because of the money.  

However, are you sure the 5th year option would be close to 20 million??  Doesnt seem right.  If that's the case then the 5th year option doesnt seem very important for ANY position.  Even for a QB who turns out to be great that isnt even really a bargain for a year.

It would put him 5th behind Fournette. Sorry I was looking at if he was the #1 pick in the draft. 

But still, Barkley would be #5, Hyde is #9 and you have to pay Duke (I hope). We just signed Hyde to a 3 year contract with a out after 2018 so I guess we could just spend a crap load of $$$ on RBs in 2018 then cut Hyde after this year and resign Duke. Dukes contract is going to be around 6mill per year which would put him behind Zeke for #7. So even at that, you would have the 5th and 6-8th highest paid RBs in football.

23 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Not necessarily. If they don't get their king's ransom, I think we shouldn't rule out Denzel Ward. 

I believe Marshon Lattimore's impact with New Orleans has really helped Ward's stock this year because his play last season absolutely being worthy of top 5 value. I think the Browns do truly like Ward, and with Chubb off the board, if there is not an offer that can't be refused, I could easily see him being the pick.

However, I don't think Chubb will go second.

I agree, Ward is really the only logical piece at #4. BUT I read 2 guys big boards/mock drafts today. 1 was the guy who was the most accurate mock draft guy of 2017 (I forget his name it was 10 hours ago) and the other was Mike Mayock who I believe finished 3rd most accurate. Basically, 2 of the 3 most accurate mock draft guys with tons of sources.

Mayock has Ward as his 15th rated player on his big board and #2 CB behind Alexander. The other guy who was the most accurate last year had Ward falling to #12 overall where the Browns take him from a tradeback wit the Bills.

This tells me (especially with Mayock saying it who is twice as more connected and accurate as Kiper/McShay) that Wards size really is a concern with staffs. Every armchair GM has Ward going top 8 and two guys who are really connected have him going in the 10-15 range.

One I sawfrom the most accurate guy from last year had Ward going to the Packers at #14. Heck, even Walter Football has Ward going to the Browns at #12. 

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

I agree, Ward is really the only logical piece at #4. BUT I read 2 guys big boards/mock drafts today. 1 was the guy who was the most accurate mock draft guy of 2017 (I forget his name it was 10 hours ago) and the other was Mike Mayock who I believe finished 3rd most accurate. Basically, 2 of the 3 most accurate mock draft guys with tons of sources.

Mayock has Ward as his 15th rated player on his big board and #2 CB behind Alexander. The other guy who was the most accurate last year had Ward falling to #12 overall where the Browns take him from a tradeback wit the Bills.

This tells me (especially with Mayock saying it who is twice as more connected and accurate as Kiper/McShay) that Wards size really is a concern with staffs. Every armchair GM has Ward going top 8 and two guys who are really connected have him going in the 10-15 range.

One I saw had Ward going to the Browns at #12 and the other had him at Green Bay at #14. Heck, even Walter Football has Ward going to the Browns at #12. 

It's certainly possible. He's the best pure corner in this draft. Perhaps Minkah or Derwin could go ahead of him, but it all depends what qualities these teams coveting a DB are looking for.

Archived