Players that will Shoot Up/Down in Draft

ckoz24

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think he falls out of the top 11. There are way too many teams that have OL issues and Quinton Nelson, while he is a guard, is the best OL I've ever evaluated. He will be the BPA for every single team and fill a probable position of need, considering there are only about 6-7 teams in the NFL with two good starting guards.

I agree that 11 would be the floor, but even thinking about him falling out of the top 10 is mind boggling to me. 

On 4/24/2018 at 3:56 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

I would seriously hope the 9ers take him if Nelson really does fall to 9... He could vastly improve the run game and protect Garoppolo.

He seems like a power guard not a zone one in my mind.

43 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think he falls out of the top 11. There are way too many teams that have OL issues and Quinton Nelson, while he is a guard, is the best OL I've ever evaluated. He will be the BPA for every single team and fill a probable position of need, considering there are only about 6-7 teams in the NFL with two good starting guards.

Oh I agree about everything. I'm just saying that it wouldn't floor me if he made it to 15ish. I think he's probably the best pure prospect in the draft or top 3 minimum so I'm with you, I'm assuming he's a top 10 pick pretty easily.

57 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He seems like a power guard not a zone one in my mind.

He'd be fine in any scheme. No, his feet aren't the greatest thing about him, I'd concede that. But he has no issue with being mobile. His awareness  is off the chart and that would help as well. He doesn't have the feet of Wynn or Ragnow or some others, but I don't think he'd have any issue in a zone based scheme. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

He'd be fine in any scheme. No, his feet aren't the greatest thing about him, I'd concede that. But he has no issue with being mobile. His awareness  is off the chart and that would help as well. He doesn't have the feet of Wynn or Ragnow or some others, but I don't think he'd have any issue in a zone based scheme. 

Fair enough. 

To me he looks like a power guy. 

On 4/20/2018 at 12:01 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

- I've always been on board with O'Neill, if his only flaw is that he is raw, that IMO is a good thing. A good OL coach can whip that in shape in no time 

I'll take "Logic that got Ereck Flowers drafted in the top 10" for 200, Alex.

On 4/22/2018 at 6:17 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

We have to put Herules Mata'afa on the side of a milk carton. I haven't heard a peep about him since the combine

He's a tweener with very little edge film. The Combine could have proven he can play on the edge, but it only created more questions. I'd take him in the late-4th to mid-5th round range, though. I still like his get-off and effort.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'll take "Logic that got Ereck Flowers drafted in the top 10" for 200, Alex.

Ereck Flowers was nowhere near as athletic as Brian O'Neill. He was heavy-footed at Miami and most people that watched him in college were not surprised by his failures in the NFL. I had him as a 3rd round pick that year. Just way too clunky. Brian O'Neill has no deficiencies athletically.

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Ereck Flowers was nowhere near as athletic as Brian O'Neill. He was heavy-footed at Miami and most people that watched him in college were not surprised by his failures in the NFL. I had him as a 3rd round pick that year. Just way too clunky. Brian O'Neill has no deficiencies athletically.

Flowers was raw as hell with a lot of bad film. But people delusionally insisted that he could be fixed in the NFL. I say good luck with O'Neill. I'm not drafting him. The kid looked like a bum at the Senior Bowl and has a ton of bad tape. If Flowers doesn't work for you, how about Greg Robinson? How about Donald Stephenson? How about Bruce Campbell? How about Lydon Murtha? How about Allen Barbre? How about Guy Whimper? How about Alex Barron? How about Khalif Barnes? How about Robert Gallery?

I don't understand why people spend first round picks on guys who aren't good at football. And some of the above guys had great film in college. Others did not. All tested well. Some tested extraordinarily well. None were quality starting LTs in the NFL. O'Neill's film should have you concerned. He's not just raw. On top of being raw and majorly flawed technically, he's weak.

9 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd take Christian over O'Neill. I don't get why he doesn't get more pub as one of those raw projection type tackles. 

I don't get it either. He's the most natural pass protector in this class. I could easily see him developing into a Eugene Monroe caliber LT as he gets bigger, stronger, and more experienced. He's only 21.

Archived