***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Context clues from the trailer.  It's also impossible to tell a standalone story after Infinity War.

https://screenrant.com/ant-man-2-before-infinity-war-mcu-timeline/

Interesting. I'd heard rumors it was very important in regards to Avengers 3 and 4 and that the trailers were intentionally misleading.

Edited by Bullet Club

I might have to wait until Ant Man and Captain Marvel come out to catch up on all  this.  I hate watching movies out of chronological order.  If they're both set before Infinity Wars, I'm definitely gonna restart my MCU watch through.  Start with Captain America and go in chronological order.  Hopefully it works out that I can watch all 20-ish movies before the next Avengers movie hits theaters.  Still haven't seen Black Panther yet. 

14 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Interesting. I'd heard rumors it was very important in regards to Avengers 3 and 4 and that the trailers were intentionally misleading.

It will be, but not directly.  I'm quite confident that what they find out about the Quantum Realm in this movie will directly link to the time travel that Avengers 4 will involve.

• Like 1

I loved this movie so much, not one dull moment....Will definitely buy on blue ray. 

I was thinking maybe ant man shrunk himself to the quantum realm.....which could be located in the middle of an infinity stone.... He finds a way to escape, and when he does he shatters thanos glove. 

4 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Sure just let the entire universe go to hell because of emotion. I understand but theyre supposed to be heroes. 

That's why we had 18 films before this. To establish the importance of why those characters have "selfish" motivations. Wanda and Vision's love was established over two films and how they feel only they can care for one another. How Wanda lost her brother and only Vision gets her so living without the one person she cares for, even if it means half the universe goes away, would suck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I am now more convinced than ever that Nebula is the Key to defeating Thanos. Although she will have to sacrifice herself (along with Cap and probably Stark together) to do so. She could have just been used in the torture scene and then Killed off, there is a reason that she escapes, doesnt do much else, but is left alive.

Also, many are saying "anyone who died prior to the Snap, will stay dead" and I see what they are saying, but I dont completely agree.

I think Heimdall and Loki are gone. They have run their course. But the other two I am not so sure of;

• I believe we did see Shuri complete the reconfiguration of Vision prior to the attack in her lab. But she just didnt remove the Mind Stone from him as his power source. So when it is ripped from him (both times) it shuts him down, as he is still mostly operating as an Android. I think they can recreate him (a much less powered version) so he can help  in A4.
  • I also think Gamora will be brought back to life. But not by the Avengers, by Thanos himself. There is a reason he sees her child-self once he decimates the Universe, and the line "at what cost" is important. I think something like that, making him a complete character not just the Mad Titan, will end up being his downfall. Maybe he uses the Time Stone, maybe it is the Soul Stone itself, but he has the power to bring her back. (and the team up of the sisters, and ones sacrifice for the other, will be a huge part of defeating him)

Gunn has said Gamora will be in Guardians III so she'll be back somehow. I think that what you've said is 100% dead on.

However, I don't see Vision coming back as much as I'd like it.

What would really be awesome and out of left field is if somebody like Pietro came back!

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Maybe he thought it would be strange to look into it too early. 

Yeah, I feel like this was great writing to be honest. I mean, if you're Strange, you don't think that Thanos can be all THAT powerful because you've already battled Dormammu.  You think Banner is probably just overreacting. And by the time the Black Order lands he's already in a fight and has lost. By that point you're almost already on Titan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

We've heard Fury elude to the fact that Tony wasn't the first superhero...and now with the end credits scene...going to be interesting to see how he becomes familiar with her and I have to imagine Hank & Janet factor in somehow as well.

Captain Marvel is set in the 1990s. It turns out that it wasn't The Hulk to whom Fury was referring in the Iron Man post-credit scene that started all of this. It was Carol Danvers.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

It will be, but not directly.  I'm quite confident that what they find out about the Quantum Realm in this movie will directly link to the time travel that Avengers 4 will involve.

We gonna have like 90 different styles of time travel in #4.

50 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Captain Marvel is set in the 1990s. It turns out that it wasn't The Hulk to whom Fury was referring in the Iron Man post-credit scene that started all of this. It was Carol Danvers.

Why would it be the Hulk? Maybe I'm thinking of a different scene. But I thought he was referring to Captain America.

• Like 1