***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

On 4/27/2018 at 5:35 PM, texans_uk said:

Anyone else wondering how Stark is gonna get back from Titan? If he just reappears on earth without explanation I'll be annoyed. Unless he waits for Thanos to come back and own him again? Maybe he finds a potential weakness to Thanos on Titan?

Nebula is there with him. I think she brought her own ship. Also the Milano is still on Titan. 

23 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

He also has no interest in world or galaxy domination. It's such an interesting role.

The take that he's the best MCU Black Hat is too far - for the stage of Phase 1 and the need to establish itself, Loki, and of course, Killmonger now, would get my vote.  But Thanos belongs there.

What's great about Thanos, like Loki & Killmonger, is they are nuanced, motivated characters whose foundation on which they operate as a Black Hat, people can understand.  We all know Thanos' premise is insane - but we also know why he thinks like he does, and that he is 100 percent committed - even though he's also incredibly tormented by this commitment.  The sacrifice with the Soul Stone was such a great scene, as was the final lines for him & child Gamora...it shows a layered, complex character.  And those are the Black Hats that resonate the most with us...

Child G:  Did you finally do it?

Thanos:  Yes.

Child G (tearing):  What did it cost?

Thanos:  Everything.

Edited by Broncofan

20 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

Can anyone explain the Soul infinity stone scene to me? What I've gathered is that she was wrong about Thanos, and that he really did love her, right? That's the only way the infinity stone would've shown up, and not if he was just sacrificing her without loving her?

Also, I feel like moving forward Thor will be "the guy" since he now has the power of an entire star flowing through him and a new weapon.

Thanos loved her. Remember the scene after he snapped his fingers?

Baby Gamora "What did it cost?"

Thanos "Everything". 

Dude wasn't talking about killing half the universe to achieve his vision. 

5 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

The only thing that had me give it a B+ instead of A- is that we KNOW many of these characters are returning for their own films. There was no real "OMG moment" bc of that.

I'll offer a counter - the fact we know there's a BP and Spidey sequel coming - I did NOT see their deaths coming.   Parker being afraid as he died, Stark having to watch everyone around him die (and complete the prophecy in his nightmare from IM3/Age of Ultron), Rocket re-living losing Groot and realizing it was happening again, and the pure shock value of watching BP fade away, I was floored.   Stunned.   

I know there's a resurrection coming - it's a comic-based universe.  It did NOT make it any less impactful - because other than BP & Spidey, I don't know that we get everyone back.   I do know that for everyone we get back - we are going to lose others from the survivors.  It will definitely be part of the balance-angle that got played out.   I'd put hard $ on that.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I am now more convinced than ever that Nebula is the Key to defeating Thanos. Although she will have to sacrifice herself (along with Cap and probably Stark together) to do so. She could have just been used in the torture scene and then Killed off, there is a reason that she escapes, doesnt do much else, but is left alive.

Also, many are saying "anyone who died prior to the Snap, will stay dead" and I see what they are saying, but I dont completely agree.

I think Heimdall and Loki are gone. They have run their course. But the other two I am not so sure of;

• I believe we did see Shuri complete the reconfiguration of Vision prior to the attack in her lab. But she just didnt remove the Mind Stone from him as his power source. So when it is ripped from him (both times) it shuts him down, as he is still mostly operating as an Android. I think they can recreate him (a much less powered version) so he can help  in A4.
  • I also think Gamora will be brought back to life. But not by the Avengers, by Thanos himself. There is a reason he sees her child-self once he decimates the Universe, and the line "at what cost" is important. I think something like that, making him a complete character not just the Mad Titan, will end up being his downfall. Maybe he uses the Time Stone, maybe it is the Soul Stone itself, but he has the power to bring her back. (and the team up of the sisters, and ones sacrifice for the other, will be a huge part of defeating him)

As far as Vision goes, someone reminded me that he turned gray when he was killed. I wonder if we'll get something akin to the way he looked in the 90's when he was all white. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Interesting. I'd heard rumors it was very important in regards to Avengers 3 and 4 and that the trailers were intentionally misleading.

Could be. But it would be hard to show all of that footage of San Francisco without there being a clue of what happened at the end of Avengers 3. I'm guessing at the end of Ant Man 2 Wasp is going to vanish, which sets in motion how Ant Man gets involved with the remaining heroes. 

Also, Captain Marvel takes place in the 90's. So the next two movies are going to take place before the fallout of Avengers 3. Then Avengers 4 will have arrived. 

Edited by PapaShogun

46 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I have to say as much as this film annoyed me. Thanos is probably my favourite bad guy since Heath Ledger's joker.

It sounds bizarre but he isn't just a ruthless murderer, he is delusional in his task of balance, but he didn't kill Quill, Dr Strange, Ironman, Hulk, Thor or countless others when he could have. His emotion regarding Gamora was something I really didn't expect either. His character has wayyyyyyyyy more depth than 99% of bad guys.

Well, he did ruthlessly murder those dwarves lol. 

Didn't seem necessary especially since it didn't align with his ultimate goal. Actually worked against it if he was supposed to spare half of every race in the universe. Which I'm guessing he even did for the Asgardians. 

Edited by PapaShogun

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

As far as Vision goes, someone reminded me that he turned gray when he was killed. I wonder if we'll get something akin to the way he looked in the 90's when he was all white. 

I liked the all vanilla version with the blue laser. That was a nice look.

He's my favorite. I hope he comes back and becomes the no-nonsense powerhouse that he can be. I think when he was bad in the comics/tv shows, he was near-unbeatable. His powers should make him one of the most powerful heroes.

15 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Holy crap...this movie is unreal.  I'm stunned.

And the writers said Avengers 4 is even bigger and better...I don't know if my body can handle that.

And this is what I mean. For all the CGI, humor, and fanfare they put in. They just stuck to telling the best story possible. Everything in this film is a sidestory to Thanos. He wasnt a push over, he didnt pitch fits to show he was dangerous. He was the Unstoppable Force through sheer will and determination. 

And by far the best part of this film was the very end with him doing everything he wanted. Looking at his sunrise and you see that peaceful smile spread across his face while still being wounded and beaten from his battle. It wasnt an evil smirk, a mad cackle, he looked at peace, like a hero finally fulfilling and winning his great battle against his foe. It was both unsettling and somehow understandable that everyone thought of him as deceitful, as despicable, and horrible. And here he is alone and peaceful because the only one who knows what it cost to bring peace and order is him. 

He wasnt lying about his vision, about his quest, he did not side track himself and play God after that. He just gave up. Almost makes me wanna root for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Well, he did ruthlessly murder those dwarves lol. 

Didn't seem necessary especially since it didn't align with his ultimate goal. Actually worked against it if he was supposed to spare half of every race in the universe. Which I'm guessing he even did for the Asgardians. 

Yeah, upon rewatch I noticed that didn't really make sense or align with his goals.