Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

There are two main questions the Packers need to address: Is Aaron Rodgers coming back in 2023? – and –

Is Matt LaFleur the right guy to lead the Packers into the future?

Right now, both of their futures are very much up in the air.

https://wtmj.com/green-bay-packers/2022/11/07/extra-points-its-all-over/?fbclid=IwAR3CtBsVcMEZGkZqyNlZKCe1Th8ba1VinIvSKeGCO36_oCq08jRXJV6fNjA

Just now, vike daddy said:

There are two main questions the Packers need to address: Is Aaron Rodgers coming back in 2023? – and –

Is Matt LaFleur the right guy to lead the Packers into the future?

Right now, both of their futures are very much up in the air.

https://wtmj.com/green-bay-packers/2022/11/07/extra-points-its-all-over/?fbclid=IwAR3CtBsVcMEZGkZqyNlZKCe1Th8ba1VinIvSKeGCO36_oCq08jRXJV6fNjA

The main question I have is whether this "tank job" will now be enough to get the Packers' their 3rd HoF QB in a row...we know Jordan Love ain't it, but one of these other QBs might be.  

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The main question I have is whether this "tank job" will now be enough to get the Packers' their 3rd HoF QB in a row...we know Jordan Love ain't it, but one of these other QBs might be.  

or they swing and miss on a guy, wasting the pick.

• Like 1

Burns may be better, but Gary is still pretty good, as is Christian Wilkins (who I wanted the Vikings to take) taken a pick after Gary.  That was a pretty darn good draft for defensive linemen (outside of that Raiders being the Raiders pick).

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I don’t see Rodgers stepping away after this year. Not after the contract extension he just signed. And, I don’t think the Packers can trade him and that contract. 

So, my guess is that they finally draft a WR in the 1st round. 

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t see Rodgers stepping away after this year. Not after the contract extension he just signed. And, I don’t think the Packers can trade him and that contract. 

So, my guess is that they finally draft a WR in the 1st round. 

They won't be able to move on unless Rodgers decides to do so (because of the dead cap hit), but they do have sort of an out after 2023, like the Vikings do with Cousins, as his dead cap hit falls to $24M.

Something's gotta give for them this offseason.  If Rodgers doesn't go, Gutey and/or LaFleur will have to.    

12 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I hope that it's a game where Rodgers realizes he better retire!!!  MAKE IT ARODG's last game!!!!!

don't you think they'll be playing Love by then?  many Packer fans want to see him from this point on, so to see what they have in him, and to be able to make future plans.

Rodgers was terrible on Sunday, throwing three ghastly picks, including two in the red zone. Entering Week 9, Detroit's defense ranked dead last in a whole host of statistics, including yards per play, total D and scoring D. And yet, Green Bay couldn't even reach double digits. With the back-to-back reigning MVP under center, the Packers rank 27th in scoring, right below the Taylor Heinicke-led Commanders. This is an unmitigated disaster.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-week-9-takeaways-new-york-jets-good-los-angeles-rams-bad-green-bay-packers-u

• Like 2