Your First Round Disappointments (Potentially)

coordinator0

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Same. It wouldn’t be ideal because we don’t need that and we have plenty of young players already there.

But I could at least get excited by the prospect of how dominant that DL could be.

Dominant in a 2-gap scheme maybe. Which is not the way a NFL defense needs to be built in this age. 

3 hours ago, Danand said:

I have the feeling, that once he gets an idea of, what he is supposed to do, he will be a completely different player.

True. I was excited by JJ Watt potential, but Watt isn’t very realistic, especially considering his lack of football awareness, let alone instincts. Allen Bailey was similarly athletic and dominant in college. I’m thinking Taven Bryan might fall somewhere between that extreme. And for a first rounder I wouldn’t want to waste a 5th year option on that indecision, especially considering we’ve blown too many top 100 picks lately.

3 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Dominant in a 2-gap scheme maybe. Which is not the way a NFL defense needs to be built in this age. 

True. Like I said, I wouldn’t like it, but it would still be more ideal than selecting Hayden Hurst IMO. I’d much rather add a Haloti Ngata to this defense than a Dennis Pitta to our offense.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 6:51 AM, paraven said:

Mike Mcglinchey

Lamar Jackson

Hayden Hurst

Orlando Brown

Derrius Juice

Boy PA, you really took a beating. Hopefully you were at least cool with getting Orlando Brown Jr later on in the draft and weren't just outright against him. Bad day at the office huh.

2 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Could be worse, you could be me and pass up on all 4 of the above players for Hayden Hurst lol

Weren't you unaware of how old he was too? I can't remember if that was you but my brother had the same reaction, "Wait, how old is this guy?" (After seeing the receding hairline and cruel effects of the Florida sun on a ginger). Then I told him and it got worse. It must've been a dark 15 minutes for you until we picked Jackson, allowing some happiness to leak in lol. 

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

Weren't you unaware of how old he was too? I can't remember if that was you but my brother had the same reaction, "Wait, how old is this guy?" (After seeing the receding hairline and cruel effects of the Florida sun on a ginger). Then I told him and it got worse. It must've been a dark 15 minutes for you until we picked Jackson, allowing some happiness to leak in lol. 

Yeah, I was unaware until someone reminded me after we drafted him. If someone told me he was 25 before that I would've been even more against it. We already have enough receding hairlines for an entire roster with Breshad Perriman.

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

We already have enough receding hairlines for an entire roster with Breshad Perriman.

In hindsight we should've questioned the mindset of a person willing to walk around like he did when we drafted him. It was shameful lol.

16 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Boy PA, you really took a beating. Hopefully you were at least cool with getting Orlando Brown Jr later on in the draft and weren't just outright against him. Bad day at the office huh.

ya, im not to happy with how the draft went, but I've also been wrong more times then right, so lets hope thats the case. I was ok with Brown in the 3rd though..

If the Ravens had taken Moore at #22 and then Jackson at #32, this would have been my favourite draft ever. Two genuine playmakers to build a team around for the next ten years. Two guys with the right sort of character and strong personality to forge a real offensive identity for the first time.

1 minute ago, Mancunian Raven said:

If the Ravens had taken Moore at #22 and then Jackson at #32, this would have been my favourite draft ever. Two genuine playmakers to build a team around for the next ten years. Two guys with the right sort of character and strong personality to forge a genuine offensive identity for the first time.

Why do that when you can pick a guy who will be 30 years old coming off his rookie deal?!

On 4/23/2018 at 9:51 AM, paraven said:

Mike Mcglinchey

Lamar Jackson

Hayden Hurst

Orlando Brown

Derrius Juice

Geez... no wonder you weren't happy in the draft threads

On 4/24/2018 at 7:51 PM, wackywabbit said:

I'm usually always a little disappointed if it isn't my very top guy.... so anyone other than Lamar Jackson xD

But this^ guy was B|

Archived