College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

On 12/7/2017 at 5:31 PM, CBrownsman said:

WIth no other option I would be okay with that but only if Rosen and Darnold don't come out

I honestly think Rosen declares, who knows about Darnold. I dont think Rosen can run the offense Chip wants to run. Chip tried to run the NFL version of his offense and it wasnt anything special, he wants to get back to what he loves for his schemes. Rosen doesnt fit that. I think Chip would love to give the job to the incoming freshmen for UCLA but who knows.

55 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I honestly think Rosen declares, who knows about Darnold. I dont think Rosen can run the offense Chip wants to run. Chip tried to run the NFL version of his offense and it wasnt anything special, he wants to get back to what he loves for his schemes. Rosen doesnt fit that. I think Chip would love to give the job to the incoming freshmen for UCLA but who knows.

Believe me, Chip would absolutely love it if Rosen returned to school which he won't anyway. Chip knows a veteran QB is a sure way to win at any level and he would be happy to get Rosen even for one season and then move on to his system. A college HC does not get a Rosen too often. 

GBN's 1st round projection for the draft prior to the Senior Bowl, the Combine and Pro Days, is out. I printed it in the Draft Section in the Football section. For some reason, it will not paste here, so if you want to see it, you will have to go to the main Draft Section on this site !!!

Wow, 7 QB's in round 1 and I like Stidham of Auburn as a possible 1st rounder as well. I predicted 6 QB might go round 1, but 7 or 8, that's really would be something

Next year's NFL could be quite interesting???

You'll love this, our first 2 picks were Darnold and Barkley, now that would be the start of an offense!!!

8 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

GBN's 1st round projection for the draft prior to the Senior Bowl, the Combine and Pro Days, is out. I printed it in the Draft Section in the Football section. For some reason, it will not paste here, so if you want to see it, you will have to go to the main Draft Section on this site !!!

Wow, 7 QB's in round 1 and I like Stidham of Auburn as a possible 1st rounder as well. I predicted 6 QB might go round 1, but 7 or 8, that's really would be something

Next year's NFL could be quite interesting???

You'll love this, our first 2 picks were Darnold and Barkley, now that would be the start of an offense!!!

Always enjoy the stuff GBN publishes.

10 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Believe me, Chip would absolutely love it if Rosen returned to school which he won't anyway. Chip knows a veteran QB is a sure way to win at any level and he would be happy to get Rosen even for one season and then move on to his system. A college HC does not get a Rosen too often. 

Chip might like to have Rosen but I doubt Rosen wants to waste a year in an offensive system that doesnt benefit him one bit.

Rosen and Chip are not a match IMO. I dont think Chip would turn him down and tell him to go to the NFL but I dont think he is going to be heart broken. I dont know if Chip needs a veteran QB. His 4years as Oregon's HC he had 3 different starting QBs. Masoli, Thomas, and Mariota. He had Mariota starting as a freshmen over guys who were a year or two into the system. Chip is going to want the QB who has the best skill set for his offense. Rosen is great and all but I dont see him having what Chip truly wants. UCLA has one of the best dual threat QBs coming in next year. Chip might like the idea of grooming him to be the QB for the next three years or so 

Rosen is a wonderful passer when under no pressure. Most of the time the ball comes out as clean as it gets, in time and in stride. He has a tendency to eyeball his receiver but who doesn't at the college level?

Where I worry with Josh Rosen is with his decision making under pressure. It's not good at all. He forces things, even seen instances where he tries to make a throw whilst being violently spun to the ground, resulting in easy picks. Can this change in the NFL or is it an inherent mental flaw that can't be corrected? I think it can be corrected with better coaching and more trust in his players that he doesn't feel he has to force it every time.

The other worry I have with Rosen is that we are Cleveland, in the frigid and violent AFC North. And he is a skinny California kid from the sunshine. He has missed a lot of time in college with different injuries, already has a concussion history. I can easily envision a situation where we draft him and even though he's a real nice QB, it gets out of hand with regular injuries. You likely don't have to worry about that with Sam Darnold; a big lump and sneaky powerhouse... and the grandson of the Marlboro Man. He can take a lick, get up and carry on.

4 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

The other worry I have with Rosen is that we are Cleveland, in the frigid and violent AFC North. And he is a skinny California kid from the sunshine. He has missed a lot of time in college with different injuries, already has a concussion history. I can easily envision a situation where we draft him and even though he's a real nice QB, it gets out of hand with regular injuries. You likely don't have to worry about that with Sam Darnold; a big lump and sneaky powerhouse... and the grandson of the Marlboro Man. He can take a lick, get up and carry on.

I share this concern.

I would prefer taking someone who can run helmet-less on a motorcycle head first into a car windshield and keep ticking.

35 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Rosen is a wonderful passer when under no pressure. Most of the time the ball comes out as clean as it gets, in time and in stride. He has a tendency to eyeball his receiver but who doesn't at the college level?

Where I worry with Josh Rosen is with his decision making under pressure. It's not good at all. He forces things, even seen instances where he tries to make a throw whilst being violently spun to the ground, resulting in easy picks. Can this change in the NFL or is it an inherent mental flaw that can't be corrected? I think it can be corrected with better coaching and more trust in his players that he doesn't feel he has to force it every time.

Rosen has shown fearlessness in the pocket, even under pressure. He possesses the composure to stand strong and take a hit after a throw. I do agree that in the NFL, especially Cleveland, taking those shots can also take a toll. I don't want injuries to be the lone reason for passing up on him...but they definitely cannot be ignored.

Archived