College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

18 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah having DeShaun Watson would have been terrible. So glad we dodged that one.

tenor.gif?itemid=5401203

Why would having 2 stud QB's be a bad thing?

WHY would you need two? If you're going to do something like that, pull a Washington Redskins and draft one with the #1 pick and another in the 3rd/4th round. Drafting 2 QB's high is a sure way to create controversy, show each you have zero trust in him, and create a terrible situation.

You could trade the non-dominant starter for a 1st round pick the following season and recover any value you perceive as "lost."

Maybe, maybe not. That doesn't mean that the risk/value is worth it, especially when you need impact players at the WR, RB, CB, FS, positions as well. 

Oh, and I wouldn't advocate for taking 2 QB's last year. There was a no-brainer #1 overall pick at the 2nd most important position in football last season in Myles Garrett. There is no guy like that this year other than Barkley, but RB is not a position worthy of a #1 overall selection.

I won't argue with you here.

14 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

#1--Sam Darnold QB

#7--Baker Mayfield QB

The only miniscule reason we have to hold out a shred of hope right now is because we keep hearing there is a "process" in place. This type of rash move would definitely prove there is no process in place aside from trying to C.Y.A. (as well as set back whoever they do start at QB by not getting another impact player to help them on offense or to help our defense get off the field).

1 minute ago, roger murdock said:

I am concerned Haslem won't want Josh Rosen because hes outspoken and has said critical things of Donald Trump.

I also think Haslem might be weary of Mayfield due to tbe Manziel comparisons. 

I think its highly likely he may intefer with #1 overall. 

I hope Truckstop Jimmy goes to prison.

Just when you think it couldn't get worse than the Lerners.

He's the worst owner in sports if he gets involved in another #1 pick.

47 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I am concerned Haslem won't want Josh Rosen because hes outspoken and has said critical things of Donald Trump.

Id quit on the spot if I were Hue, Sashi, DePodesda, Berry, ect if that actually happens.

5 hours ago, roger murdock said:

In what way?

Telling them to pick Darnold?;)

15 hours ago, roger murdock said:

If he were going to interfere, we would have taken the Mentor kid #1 overall last year.

15 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I hope Truckstop Jimmy goes to prison.

Just when you think it couldn't get worse than the Lerners.

He's the worst owner in sports if he gets involved in another #1 pick.

He already is the worst owner in pro sports, so anything is possible with him??? He has overseen this franchise go from bad to the worst in the History of the NFL and there have been plenty of bad owners before him, but nobody this terrible.

He is capable of anything and I doubt it, but he just has to learn to stay out of the day to day football operations, including the draft, or we are completely sunk!!!

It's interesting reading articles around this time by the experts.

Here's what people seem to be unanimous on:

1. Sam Darnold is the clear cut #1 QB, but he will need a little time to "refine" these skills. 

2. Josh Rosen is the most "pro ready" and able to start from DAY 1. However, his upside/ceiling is the most limited.

3. Baker Mayfield is a fringe 1st rounder

4. Lamar Jackson isn't a 1st round graded QB due to his Day 3 accuracy issues, but he will go in the first round.

Here's my take:

I WANT SAM DARNOLD. If he's not ready, then throw Kizer to the wolves as the starter after he has an entire off-season to maybe develop a little bit. Right around our bye week, put Darnold in and let him be "THE GUY" the rest of the way. Also, let's please bring in a veteran QB presence for the QB Room as the 2nd/3rd string guy.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

It's interesting reading articles around this time by the experts.

Here's what people seem to be unanimous on:

1. Sam Darnold is the clear cut #1 QB, but he will need a little time to "refine" these skills. 

2. Josh Rosen is the most "pro ready" and able to start from DAY 1. However, his upside/ceiling is the most limited.

3. Baker Mayfield is a fringe 1st rounder

4. Lamar Jackson isn't a 1st round graded QB due to his Day 3 accuracy issues, but he will go in the first round.

Here's my take:

I WANT SAM DARNOLD. If he's not ready, then throw Kizer to the wolves as the starter after he has an entire off-season to maybe develop a little bit. Right around our bye week, put Darnold in and let him be "THE GUY" the rest of the way. Also, let's please bring in a veteran QB presence for the QB Room as the 2nd/3rd string guy.

Gimme a vet to start the season, Hue gonna need some wins.

21 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I’m completely fine with Baker 

Yeah, I'd be down with that. It feels like it's gonna take a special attitude to break the suck around Berea. Mayfield might just have it.

Archived