College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

14 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Been calling him a saboteur for a while. When you run the Wing-T triple option on 3rd and 11, it's painfully obvious.

A charlatan, for sure.

But might it be that he makes play calls like that because he is dumb?

I mean his "we don't have enough talent to win" (shot at the FO) narrative ran its course and has pretty much been rejected, so "proving" it between the lines doesn't make much sense.

What would his motive be? 

To get himself fired so that he can go to another team?

How would piling on the worst HC coaching record in NFL history improve his stock with any other team?

Man I wish we could keep Hue, but it's not justified after some of the nonsense he pulled this year. He's probably gone.

And I want Sashi Brown gone. I know some people like him, but I've always hated that guy. The drafts haven't even been that bad, but he's botched several other things that should be a cause for concern. I like the players we got, but we passed on some damn good NFL QB's. We also have made some terrible FA choices and aren't putting enough resources into FA in general to improve. We are sitting on cap space that we won't ever be needing. Anyone that's any good on our roster is locked up for the long-term anyways. Time to start spending on FA's or continue to lose.

It sucks we'll be losing Gregg Williams in the process of this debacle, but at least I won't have to watch Peppers lining up as a punt returner in a base defense I suppose.

#1--Sam Darnold QB

#7--Baker Mayfield QB

2nd--Deon Cain WR

2nd--Josh Jackson CB

2nd--MJ Stewart CB

3rd--BPA Pass Rusher

3rd--Braxton Berrios WR

4th--BPA FS/SS

FA-Carlos Hyde RB

FA-A coverage LB'er

I'm leaning towards doubling down on QB's in the 1st round. We have to get that position right. I want to believe that Sam Darnold is the answer, but my heart tells me it's Baker Mayfield that will end up tearing up the league. He's so accurate, he has a cannon for an arm, he's a great athlete, and he has a firey demeanor. His only negative is a few off-field issues that aren't a big deal to me and being under 6'2. I'm torn on which QB I want, so let's just take both, hold a competition, and assume one of them will get it right. We could always trade the other one to a desperate team down the line.

4 hours ago, bruceb said:

A charlatan, for sure.

But might it be that he makes play calls like that because he is dumb?

I mean his "we don't have enough talent to win" (shot at the FO) narrative ran its course and has pretty much been rejected, so "proving" it between the lines doesn't make much sense.

What would his motive be? 

To get himself fired so that he can go to another team?

How would piling on the worst HC coaching record in NFL history improve his stock with any other team?

The only thing that makes sense is that he is a Manchurian Candidate for Mike Brown.  No other reason for this level of sabotage.

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

#1--Sam Darnold QB

#7--Baker Mayfield QB

2nd--Deon Cain WR

2nd--Josh Jackson CB

2nd--MJ Stewart CB

3rd--BPA Pass Rusher

3rd--Braxton Berrios WR

4th--BPA FS/SS

FA-Carlos Hyde RB

FA-A coverage LB'er

I'm leaning towards doubling down on QB's in the 1st round. We have to get that position right. I want to believe that Sam Darnold is the answer, but my heart tells me it's Baker Mayfield that will end up tearing up the league. He's so accurate, he has a cannon for an arm, he's a great athlete, and he has a firey demeanor. His only negative is a few off-field issues that aren't a big deal to me and being under 6'2. I'm torn on which QB I want, so let's just take both, hold a competition, and assume one of them will get it right. We could always trade the other one to a desperate team down the line.

I love that you rip Sashi for botching the draft then post this.  The irony is not lost on me.

I'm not saying that mistakes haven't been made, but at least we didn't draft Mitch Trubisky and Deshaun Watson last year.

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

I love that you rip Sashi for botching the draft then post this.  The irony is not lost on me.

I'm not saying that mistakes haven't been made, but at least we didn't draft Mitch Trubisky and Deshaun Watson last year.

Lol right?!?

Second post kinda disqualifies the first.

5 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

And the irony in this post is that you are implying that Sashi is smart for not having drafted Trubisky and Watson.....yet that would have solved the elusive QBOTF issue that currently exists.

58 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

And the irony in this post is that you are implying that Sashi is smart for not having drafted Trubisky and Watson.....yet that would have solved the elusive QBOTF issue that currently exists.

Would it?

I bet the Skins thought they were set for a decade rgiii’s rookie year too.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Would it?

I bet the Skins thought they were set for a decade rgiii’s rookie year too.

TBD...but with the way Savage has played vs Watson????  I believe we see the difference in what a Franchise guy at least looks like.  And if you tell me that you would take Garrett over Watson, with even the limited sample size that we currently have on both of them...I will tell you that you are FOS.

10 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

TBD...but with the way Savage has played vs Watson????  I believe we see the difference in what a Franchise guy at least looks like.  And if you tell me that you would take Garrett over Watson, with even the limited sample size that we currently have on both of them...I will tell you that you are FOS.

I would, but mostly because I don’t believe in Watson long term. 

Wasn’t a fan pre-draft and I think the league catches up long term. Could very well be wrong though.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I would, but mostly because I don’t believe in Watson long term. 

Wasn’t a fan pre-draft and I think the league catches up long term. Could very well be wrong though.

I wasn't a fan pre-draft either.  My eyes tell me a different story right now.  It will obviously need to be sustained....but he looks like the real-deal. As good as Myles has looked, I think we know what the difference is between having a franchise QB, and a stud pass rusher.  There really is no comparison.

8 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Yeah having DeShaun Watson would have been terrible. So glad we dodged that one.

Why would having 2 stud QB's be a bad thing? You could trade the non-dominant starter for a 1st round pick the following season and recover any value you perceive as "lost."

Oh, and I wouldn't advocate for taking 2 QB's last year. There was a no-brainer #1 overall pick at the 2nd most important position in football last season in Myles Garrett. There is no guy like that this year other than Barkley, but RB is not a position worthy of a #1 overall selection.

We must figure out this QB thing. We will probably be taking 2 QB's in this draft/FA period. Why not take two at the top? I'm smitten by Baker Mayfield, but I don't know if you can pass on the consensus top QB's (Darnold/Rosen) to get him. So I took two.    This is not a good year for non-QB top 10 picks...particularly for our needs. There is no supreme WR prospect that deserves to go top 10, there is no lockdown corner that deserves a top 10 pick.....the only guys I really like in the top 10 (assuming Barkley is gone before our Texans pick) are the QB's. We could trade down again from #7ish or so, but I'd rather stay put. We have a ton of draft picks and don't need to acquire more. We need to fix our embarrassing QB situation before we can even sniff relevancy.

Archived