College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Nope.

Cousins is a middle-of-the-road QB.

I would like a veteran presence but not at what his price tag will be.

I think at this point this franchise would kill for a middle of the road QB. Browns really just need a QB who can play at least 4-5 years. Something that could allow them to have a young QB be the back up for awhile. Also you have no idea where that middle of the road QB will lead you. Alex Smith was a middle of the road QB and now this season he is playing like a top5 QB 

Just now, buno67 said:

I think at this point this franchise would kill for a middle of the road QB. Browns really just need a QB who can play at least 4-5 years. Something that could allow them to have a young QB be the back up for awhile. Also you have no idea where that middle of the road QB will lead you. Alex Smith was a middle of the road QB and now this season he is playing like a top5 QB 

I am tired of rolling dice on way less than the best.

I would rather take my chances on picking one who will be here for 10-15 years with a consistently high level of play.

Just now, bruceb said:

I would rather take my chances on picking one who will be here for 10-15 years with a consistently high level of play.

That same guy has a high chance of not being good also.

Cousins is a Pro Bowler who, if you put talent around him, can win you games. There's almost zero risk with him.

And @buno67, Cousins is head and shoulders above Smith at this point in his career.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Cousins wouldnt be the typical rolling of the dice. Browns past history has been going after over the hill QBs, QBs who are washed up, or #3/#4/#5 QB prospects. Cousins would be one of the first time the Browns went after and got an established QB who is in their prime and could make an impact. 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Cousins is a Pro Bowler who, if you put talent around him, can win you games. There's almost zero risk with him.

And @buno67, Cousins is head and shoulders above Smith at this point in his career.

Oh I know cousins is, but I was just making a point because when I think of a middle of the road QB, I think of Smith. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you put talent around just about anyone they can win you games.

We seem to struggle with that part as much as we struggle with getting a QB.

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Cousins wouldnt be the typical rolling of the dice. Browns past history has been going after over the hill QBs, QBs who are washed up, or #3/#4/#5 QB prospects. Cousins would be one of the first time the Browns went after and got an established QB who is in their prime and could make an impact. 

Maybe, but at what price?

Wouldn't signing Cousins put us close to salary cap purgatory?

Archived