Group Consensus Mock - Rd 7A Winner Marquez Valdes-Scantling

JLambert58

Group Consensus Mock - Round 7A  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who are YOU taking with the 220th pick? (Rd 7A)

• Brett Toth OT/OG
    • K.C. McDermott OG/OT
    • Bentley Spain OT/OG
    • Alex Cappa OT/OG
    • Brian Allen OC
    • David Wells TE
    • Marquez Valdes-Scantling WR
    • Byron Pringle WR
    • Jester Weah WR
    • Quadree Henderson WR/PR
    • Javon Wims WR
    • Justin Lawler OLB
    • Ola Adeniyi OLB
    • Davin Bellamy OLB
    • Ade Aruna OLB
    • Sebastian Joseph DE
    • Michael Joseph CB
    • Greg Stroman CB
    • Levi Wallace CB
    • Troy Apke SS

Headed for the home stretch now.  This was lifted directly from Steelers Depot:   http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04/steelers-spin-greatest-draft-hits-seventh-round/

Pittsburgh Steelers Greatest Draft Picks | Seventh Round 

RANK NAME POSITION YEAR DRAFTED COLLEGE
1 David Little LB 1981 Florida
2 Brett Keisel DE 2002 BYU
3 Carlos Emmons LB 1995 Arkansas State
4 Edmund Nelson DT 1982 Auburn
5 Kelvin Beachum OT 2012 SMY

Let's see if we can find another gem in the pile of dung.  

10 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Headed for the home stretch now.  This was lifted directly from Steelers Depot:   http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04/steelers-spin-greatest-draft-hits-seventh-round/

JL58,

nice post to have the past good picks from this round.  Maybe next year we can do this for all the rounds and perhaps mention the flops we have had for the first couple rounds as wellxD It really helps the team when they get good players in later rounds,  but with this team int he past they never really got a chance for a few years. 

43 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

JL58,

nice post to have the past good picks from this round.  Maybe next year we can do this for all the rounds and perhaps mention the flops we have had for the first couple rounds as wellxD It really helps the team when they get good players in later rounds,  but with this team int he past they never really got a chance for a few years. 

Great idea, 3R.  I only thought of it in this round since the 7th is dicey at best.  Getting good players in the later rounds definitely helps offset bad picks in the earlier rounds. 

Though it's probably not going to happen, I'd love to see Adams contribute something significant this year.  

18 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I don't think Greg Stroman is here. He should be long gone, will probably go in the third round and I wouldn't be surprised if he slipped into round two. He is shooting up the boards. If he is here, I am sprinting the card up. No doubt he is the BPA here.

NFL.com and Draftscout both have him as 7th rd/PFA.  I'm no expert on these later round guys as I've said before - trusting that the professional draftniks know more than I do.  But I will agree @Steeler Hitman that he passes the eye test as a legit NFL talent.  

EDIT:  I just checked out his measureables.  Not very impressive for arm length, short shuttle, and jumping.  Maybe that's why some consider him a late round talent. 

14 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

I dont remember Edmund Nelson, however I really didnt start to follow more closely til around 87'

27 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I dont remember Edmund Nelson, however I really didnt start to follow more closely til around 87'

RD6/87:

He might have been decent in the dark era, which was the era where the malone cloud took a few years to go away. Not as good as Willis though , and Willis was undrafted back then. Vrabel has kept Willis on his staff btw.

1 hour ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I don't either.  I was a teenager back then and I was more concerned with chasing girls.  xD   Also didn't live in the local market so my detailed knowledge of the team was at a low point then.  

2 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Went with Bellamy.  Sort of a poor man's Lorenzo Carter.  He still has that SEC pedigree and looks pretty quick and fast with some pass rushing moves.  Could be a nice project to put in the pipeline.  

from limited viewing, Carter gives me a similar impression dupree did, I just don't see what others are hyping. This year might be best to wait for edge such  Oko or Armstrong in later RDs( at least if they fail they are late picks) , might as well draft good players for other positions in earlier rounds. 

5 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

from limited viewing, Carter gives me a similar impression dupree did, I just don't see what others are hyping. This year might be best to wait for edge such  Oko or Armstrong in later RDs( at least if they fail they are late picks) , might as well draft good players for other positions in earlier rounds. 

Take a look at these two highlight reels and tell me you don't see a difference between Carter and Dupree.  Carter plays with way more swagger, aggressiveness and quickness and with a better nose for the QB.

Archived