Barkley or Chubb at #4?

BleedTheClock

Who do you prefer at #4?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who would u pick between these two?

11 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Certainly possible. They might pass up the Browns as the worst team. Even with Hue Jax at the helm, we might win this year. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about ending that winless streak this season you guys

Then why would they even consider trading up to 4, for possibly the 3rd best QB in this draft class?  Wouldn't they be best served to use their 2 picks this year, and then also pick high next year, where they would probably get the best QB in the draft class?

My point being.....they are not giving up a 1 next year imo.  They would give up both firsts this year, and not much else.

3 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Then why would they even consider trading up to 4, for possibly the 3rd best QB in this draft class?  Wouldn't they be best served to use their 2 picks this year, and then also pick high next year, where they would probably get the best QB in the draft class?

My point being.....they are not giving up a 1 next year imo.  They would give up both firsts this year, and not much else.

How bad do they want their QB? Desperate times, poppa. You know what they call for.

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

How bad do they want their QB? Desperate times, poppa. You know what they call for.

I get it.  Maybe their number 1 QB is the one that is left at 4?  Maybe they have that guy ranked higher than all the draftable QB's next year?

I just took a look at the somewhat outdated value chart

4- 1800

12/22- 1980

You think we are gonna squeeze another 1 out of them?  When they know they gonna suck?

nahhhhhhhh

6 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I get it.  Maybe their number 1 QB is the one that is left at 4?  Maybe they have that guy ranked higher than all the draftable QB's next year?

4- 1800

12/22- 1980

You think we are gonna squeeze another 1 out of them?  When they know they gonna suck?

nahhhhhhhh

I think it's possible. Again, desperation. If they REALLY take a liking to Allen or Rosen, it could very well happen, because the guy they view as their QB of the future takes precedence over a couple first rounders. AND, you've got Miami, Arizona, possibly Denver, New Orleans, New England ALL potentially jockeying to jump ahead for their QB. There's serious competition for a signal caller, and they have the assets but if they don't do it, oh well.

21 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't hate the game. Chubb seems like a good, not great DE prospect but he will be taking Ogbah off of the field most of the time when he is in. Barkley should be a homerun threat but he will be taking Hyde/Duke off of the field when he is in. Ward will be taking Carrie off of the field, that pick probably has the most positive impact of the three. We already probably won't see our #1 pick much this year I'd like to get a full time player who is a big upgrade at 4. 

I agree with you on all levels here, but I think the juice that Barkley would give our team would be special. I don't think Chubb is much better than Ogbah, if he is at all. Ward is clearly better than any CB we have, but I think Saquon's impact on our franchise would be stronger.

An offense of:

QB: Tyrod Taylor/Sam Darnold-Baker Mayfield-Josh Rosen-Josh Allen

RB: Saquon Barkley

X: Josh Gordon

Y: David Njoku/Seth DeValve/Daniel Fells

Z: Anthony Miller/DJ Chark or Corey Coleman

Slot: Jarvis Landry

is nasty as hell. I want an overpowered offense riddled with playmakers for once. Remember how many boners were had in 2007? 

16 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

4- 1800

12/22- 1980

nahhhhhhhh

You’d be betting on supply and demand driving the price past what it’s conventionally worth.

They’d have to be convinced that whoever is available at 4 is a franchise QB type prospect and that they’d have to beat offers by other teams, say the Broncos or Cardinals perhaps.

I could realistically something like 4 and 35 for 12, 22, and a 2019 1 being more along the lines of what would happen.

1, 12, 22, 33 (which could easily be another late first), 64 and another 2019 first rounder thrown into the war chest sounds like a productive weekend to me.

21 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m hoping that was just for comedic effect and not to actually try to make a point.

Oh ok everyone else gets to post wacky memes, gifs, and youtube videos AND they all get 100k likes. But if I do it, I get 20 questions and a mark in my permanent record. I see how this place works.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

19 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

4- 1800

12/22- 1980

nahhhhhhhh

Desperation makes the best sauce. They want a QB, then they are going to pay for one. It's a seller's market. They want their guy at #4 then they can fork over 3600 draft points worth of cash and prizes. I'm not giving those jerks any form of a discount. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

3 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Oh ok everyone else gets to post wacky memes, gifs, and youtube videos AND they all get 100k likes. But if I do it, I get 20 questions and a mark in my permanent record. I see how this place works.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Lol I was just clarifying.

If it was for comedic purposes, A+.

If you were serious about the logic, there’s a huge ironic elephant that would have to be addressed.

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I want an overpowered offense riddled with playmakers for once. Remember how many boners were had in 2007? 

I still have nightmares about what could have been with Calvin Johnson in our offense. Ugh. I cried. Tears of sheer agony ran down my face after Detroit took the monstrous megatron at 2. TEARS!

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

To your point though, I'd so love Anthony Miller on this offense.

He's exactly what we need here. He's a jack-of-all-trades consistent player that constantly uncovers due to exceptional route running. We have the quintessential #1 WR (Josh Gordon) and the quintessential slot WR (Landry). Now, we're lacking the reliable #2 guy that consistently wins 1-1 matchups. That is what Miller does. He's got virtually no flaws in his game other than the fact that he's not very big and isn't a physical freak. He's got loose hips, can run every route on the planet, and catches the football extremely well. He's not the greatest RAC guy and he usually possession catches things, but aside from that minor critique, he's a nightmare.

Baby Antonio Brown.

Archived