Official Pistons Thread: Offseason

1King

11 hours ago, catcheryea said:

the litmus test for langdon is what kind of contract he offers gores' nephew who scored five total points in two years of college

Haha, I just saw that he entered the draft.  if they even offer him a 2 way contract it will be a joke of a move and everyone should be fired but given the way our organization is ran, nepo babies are everywhere so it wouldn't shock me. 

2 hours ago, General Tso said:

Troy Weaver has been fired per Shams.

Step 1 for the bad men going away

This was a move Langdon had to make. If not he lost credibility. Glad it got done quickly. Now let’s see if he has the ability to swallow all that money we owe Monty. 

20 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

This was a move Langdon had to make. If not he lost credibility. Glad it got done quickly. Now let’s see if he has the ability to swallow all that money we owe Monty. 

Gores wanted Monty. So this will show how much power and say Langdon actually has 

17 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Gores wanted Monty. So this will show how much power and say Langdon actually has 

if he wants him gone, he’ll be gone. i can’t imagine why anyone would take this job if they couldn’t do what they wanted 

• 2 weeks later...

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1801655888857514424

Looks like Fred Vinson is actually joining the staff. I brought this up awhile ago but didn't honestly think it was going to happen. This is pretty good news. He's helped some pretty bad shooters turn into pretty good shooters, and we've got some pretty bad shooters. 

If he can get Ausar and Ivey shooting at respectable clips, we'll be in a much better place. I thin Ausar with a shot is a real problem. Ausar, Ivey, and Stew need to be locked in a gym with Vinson and not allowed to leave until they can shoot. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1801655888857514424

Looks like Fred Vinson is actually joining the staff. I brought this up awhile ago but didn't honestly think it was going to happen. This is pretty good news. He's helped some pretty bad shooters turn into pretty good shooters, and we've got some pretty bad shooters. 

If he can get Ausar and Ivey shooting at respectable clips, we'll be in a much better place. I thin Ausar with a shot is a real problem. Ausar, Ivey, and Stew need to be locked in a gym with Vinson and not allowed to leave until they can shoot. 

That is pretty huge.  Definitely could use some shooting help.  Also if he can work with Duren to move out a few feet even it should help.  But shooters has always been the key around Cade and we have done nothing but draft non-shooters.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That is pretty huge.  Definitely could use some shooting help.  Also if he can work with Duren to move out a few feet even it should help.  But shooters has always been the key around Cade and we have done nothing but draft non-shooters.  

Duren mid range jumper already looks pretty smooth. I think he'll get there with that. I hope he turns into a more self aware/higher BBIQ Deandre Ayton. I think we'll see him take jump shots more regularly every season. 

Sucks we had to give up so much money to get rid of him but you could tell he didn't want to be here and that IMO was the leading cause of the disfunction. Keeping him while understandable with the contract, would have been a huge setback in the progression of our youth.  Now we need to make a good hire and most importantly, one who wants to be here and has history of developing young guys.  Honestly just about anyone is a upgrade from the guy trying to get fired.