Official Pistons Thread: Offseason

1King

LOL at the Weaver holds on too long and kills all of the value in his guys once again moves.  He moves Bogey and Burkes and doesn't get our 1st round pick back.  Instead a bunch of fodder and future second round picks to replace the ones he is sending away for nothing.  Last year he had 1st round picks for just Bogey, and now not even one for both guys.  I can't believe he still has a job.  Please Tom Gores, please give a **** about your investment for once and hold people accountable for their failures. 

since it's the only part of his job that you can even come close to arguing that he's remotely good at, you would think he would value draft picks. but it's like there's a disconnect in his brain that doesn't allow him to recognize that the draft picks he gives out like candy are the same draft picks that he has to own in order to draft players

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Wait, so Fournier's contract is through next season? So we traded expiring's for a bad contract and a couple seconds?  Should have got two firsts to take that contract off their books.  What a joke. 

It is a club option. No way they pick it up.

Taking on Harris so the Nets could resign what should have been a priority target and then waiving Harris now is a joke. 

Keeping Hayes when we could have got something for him in the offseason, even if just a conditional 2nd, would have been better than waiving him. Now just a joke that we squandered another chance at recovering assets.  

Passing on 1st round picks for Bogey last year and selling him with another expiring who has value for a bench G and some seconds is a joke. 

Trading away Bey for Wiseman instead of the picks or just holding onto him is a joke. 

We have cap room.  We have nobody to take it.  Miles Bridges probably will be a target.  Tobias Harris would be a joke of a target but likely will be it if Weaver is still around which would be the biggest joke of them all. 

Blow this thing up. 

On 7/25/2023 at 2:58 PM, catcheryea said:

something like 32 or so wins next year and around .500 the year after would be pretty reasonable and encouraging i think

lmao i don't why you liked this post all of a sudden @BetterCallSaul

you can find me in this exact thread saying i didn't like what i saw after the first preseason game and that this team was set up to fail after the first regular season game. i said during game five or six that they play the worst nba basketball i've ever seen. in early november i asked what would people thought would happen after they hit a 23 game losing streak

i'll admit i didn't foresee the highest paid coach in the league giving 31 starts to the worst perimeter player in the league, but i don't think anybody has been more right about the pistons this year than i've been

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

you can find me in this exact thread saying i didn't like what i saw after the first preseason game and that this team was set up to fail after the first regular season game. i said during game five or six that they play the worst nba basketball i've ever seen. in early november i asked what would people thought would happen after they hit a 23 game losing streak

i'll admit i didn't foresee the highest paid coach in the league giving 31 starts to the worst perimeter player in the league, but i don't think anybody has been more right about the pistons this year than i've been

Except you didn’t see Killian Hayes becoming the star he is today. 

31 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

At least he can no longer start him. lol