Official Pistons Thread: Offseason

1King

6 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah, Gores has quickly moved into the top spot on the worst owner in all of pro sports lists.  He is a joke, and this team will never be anything with him owning it.  Very much like the Clippers under Donald Sterling.  

He is using people of Detroit to get richer and nothing more.

Sad really 

i'm going to become the joker

It is my understanding that Detroit was close to trading Hayes before Williams’ arrival, but the coach, who had been intrigued by Hayes from afar during the first two seasons of the Frenchman’s career, wanted a chance to work with the 6-foot-5, 22-year-old guard.

wasted half a season on this. why is everything that monty or troy do essentially just a **** measuring contest with the other one?

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 9:47 AM, catcheryea said:

i'm going to become the joker

wasted half a season on this. why is everything that monty or troy do essentially just a **** measuring contest with the other one?

I hate to push back on a self hating Pistons fan, but we would have been considerably worse(which is saying something) without Hayes this year. Monte and Cade being hurt would have left us with no PGs. Plus, I can't imagine we were getting anything of value for Kill-Dog. May as well try to fix him. 

9 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I hate to push back on a self hating Pistons fan, but we would have been considerably worse(which is saying something) without Hayes this year. Monte and Cade being hurt would have left us with no PGs. Plus, I can't imagine we were getting anything of value for Kill-Dog. May as well try to fix him. 

that would've been fine if the sixth best guard on the roster was used like the sixth best guard on the roster and not gifted a starting spot for reasons that are literally (literally) unfathomable to me. or if he wasn't directly being given minutes that ivey should've been playing and if he wasn't indirectly hurting the first 25ish games of cade's season by being one of three non shooters on the floor with him

this isn't a killian problem, he's just doing what he can with the minutes he was given. it's a monty problem for thinking there was anything redeemable still left in him and then diving headfirst into a pool that was two feet deep. there's a difference between "i think i can fix this guy, so let me play him in ways that maximize what he does" and "i can fix this guy, and i'm willing to derail the whole season over it"

just like we saw with livers getting healthy, playing like one of the two worst players in the league, and then somehow getting more minutes and becoming a starter, they have been significantly better since they traded him and monty can't play him 28 minutes a night. it's not often addition by subtraction happens in the nba because usually by that point guys are glued to the bench, but when the worst coach in the league has one of the coldest seats in the league and he's willing to coast and lie his way through his contract, this definitely would've been another example of that

also it's worth noting for funsies, lineups with killian on the floor without cade and ivey had an otrg of like 107, would be the worst in the league. lineups with ivey on the floor without cade and killian have an otrg of like 122, would be best in the league

27 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't know anything about this guy we got back from Knox. I would say that Knox is far from the most needed guy to go. I saw trade and was hoping it was Killian. 

He's an upgrade over Knox, shooting 39% from 3 at the wing on 5 attempts a game. A RFA coming up, they probably plan to resign him.

I've seen conflicting things about his defense. His defensive rating is 120 but Jazz fans think his defense is good.

28 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't know anything about this guy we got back from Knox. I would say that Knox is far from the most needed guy to go. I saw trade and was hoping it was Killian. 

This is another lol move IMO.  Keep trying to take ok bench players and turn them into starters.  This is with the intention of re-signing him next year supposedly so likely another overpaid bench guy incoming.  At least he can shoot from outside, that will help but this doesn't move the needle on our team at all. 

26 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

This is another lol move IMO.  Keep trying to take ok bench players and turn them into starters.  This is with the intention of re-signing him next year supposedly so likely another overpaid bench guy incoming.  At least he can shoot from outside, that will help but this doesn't move the needle on our team at all. 

You and I both know Tobias Harris is the future starter here.

I don't think he'll cost too much in terms of money. 

At least the bench is watchable now?

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

You guys see the video of Cade defending an inbounds pass and a fan yelling "Cade, Detroit needs to trade you" and he looked at the fan and nodded.  He is already on the way out.  What a cluster this organization is. 

i'm 99% sure that was faked somehow

but i know he's not happy

3 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

i'm 99% sure that was faked somehow

but i know he's not happy

Good call on it being fake but I sure don't doubt it.  I would want out if I was him.  I would prefer to be the one to turn an organization around but with the idiots calling the shots never being held accountable, I wouldn't want to be involved any more. 

• Like 1