Official Pistons Thread: Offseason

1King

14 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Get some value in trades and just strip it down. I would say only player I would have as untouchable is Duren and Thompson.

Rest I could care less really 

I still believe in Cade and Ivey but the losing culture and lack of leadership is obvious and might just get too built into their DNA.  We need a vet star that can lead these guys and show them how to do things IMO.  Bogey and Burks aren't that type of guy.  Someone like Jimmy Butler but obviously that will never happen.  But that type of leader.  

I do think that main four core can be good if surrounded by the right guys but this sure isn't it.  We need to move on from just about everyone else.  I think Morris is a solid PG depth but has been hurt.  The rest just need to go and find more guys like the ones we have traded away/let go like Bruce Brown, KCP, Kennard etc.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I still believe in Cade and Ivey but the losing culture and lack of leadership is obvious and might just get too built into their DNA.  We need a vet star that can lead these guys and show them how to do things IMO.  Bogey and Burks aren't that type of guy.  Someone like Jimmy Butler but obviously that will never happen.  But that type of leader.  

I do think that main four core can be good if surrounded by the right guys but this sure isn't it.  We need to move on from just about everyone else.  I think Morris is a solid PG depth but has been hurt.  The rest just need to go and find more guys like the ones we have traded away/let go like Bruce Brown, KCP, Kennard etc.    

Yeah, I'm still fully on board with Cade, Ivey, Ausar, and Duren. I agree with everything else you said. I just don't see a lot getting better if Monty is fully checked out like people say. 

There have been talks that the Pistons are looking to add some pieces on the trade market but also that some teams are interested in Stewart.  OKC, Boston and Dallas all have been rumored, and I wonder what we can get for him. 

OKC could send us Poku and Jaylin Williams for Stewart which would give us some size and shooting ability on the wing.  I would probably rather have some of the picks they have stockpiled but not sure what all we could get.  

Boston doesn't have much other than picks that they would likely trade/that we would want.  Sam Hauser would be a solid add but he has been a 20 minute guy for them so not sure they would send him in a deal. Pritchard would be solid too as a shooter but again he is in the rotation too. Probably would be something like Oshae Brissett and a pick or something along those lines. 

Dallas doesn't have much either.  They would likely be dumping Kleiber on us and some picks.  I'd take O-Max but doubt they include him. 

Saw some rumors that the Pistons were discussing Miles Bridges.  He would be a great fit on the court but still not sure I want him with the off the court stuff.  He would be a really nice fit with Cade and Ivey so would consider something for him. 

The talk of OG or something seems dumb since we would have to give up Ivey to get him along with a bunch of other stuff and I just don't see the point in that right now. 

Whatever we do, I just hope we don't let Weaver trade any draft picks at this point and let the next GM figure it out.  Sucks to be as bad as we are and as tight on picks as we are. 

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

There have been talks that the Pistons are looking to add some pieces on the trade market but also that some teams are interested in Stewart.  OKC, Boston and Dallas all have been rumored, and I wonder what we can get for him. 

OKC could send us Poku and Jaylin Williams for Stewart which would give us some size and shooting ability on the wing.  I would probably rather have some of the picks they have stockpiled but not sure what all we could get.  

Boston doesn't have much other than picks that they would likely trade/that we would want.  Sam Hauser would be a solid add but he has been a 20 minute guy for them so not sure they would send him in a deal. Pritchard would be solid too as a shooter but again he is in the rotation too. Probably would be something like Oshae Brissett and a pick or something along those lines. 

Dallas doesn't have much either.  They would likely be dumping Kleiber on us and some picks.  I'd take O-Max but doubt they include him. 

Saw some rumors that the Pistons were discussing Miles Bridges.  He would be a great fit on the court but still not sure I want him with the off the court stuff.  He would be a really nice fit with Cade and Ivey so would consider something for him. 

The talk of OG or something seems dumb since we would have to give up Ivey to get him along with a bunch of other stuff and I just don't see the point in that right now. 

Whatever we do, I just hope we don't let Weaver trade any draft picks at this point and let the next GM figure it out.  Sucks to be as bad as we are and as tight on picks as we are. 

i really don't think there's any timeline in which troy trades stewart unless he's given an ultimatum for keeping stewart or his job. that's his baby. he's literally spent more time, assets, and money on building a roster around stew than anybody else on the team, even before you factor in opportunity cost. it also seems like stewart is the only thing troy and monty agree on (could there be any bigger red flag?). hilariously, they also don't really have anybody else to play that position unless you want more livers or knox minutes (i think we're good on that)

i'm also at the point that i think it doesn't really matter what happens to weaver or the rest of the roster because you can make the argument monty has been the single biggest liability to any team this year. unless he's doing these things to spite troy and get him fired, and once he accomplishes that he'll go back to being a competent coach, i have no hope that he'll do even the smallest thing to help the team win or help guys develop, even if troy's fired and they bring in someone better

i just listened to a podcast with james edwards and he said he doesn't think killian would have made it through the summer if monty didn't specifically want him on the team. the front office (this is coming directly from troy i'm guessing) wants him to play ivey more but killian is his guy. for whatever reason, he's out on ivey and he'll probably never even attempt to let his mind be changed. regardless of what happens with weaver, even if they don't bring killian back next year, they'll bring in landry shamet or some other random guard who's never shown the talent that ivey has, and that guy will be getting more minutes and touches than ivey

trade ausar to an organization that employs a shooting coach so he can turn into 2021 playoff wiggins and be the second best player on a championship team

trade duren to a team that doesn't force him to start next to another big who is too small to be a big but can't do anything else to negate that

trade cade and ivey somewhere where the gm and coaching staff believe in modern basketball so when they become all stars within two years, people will go "oh, it really was troy weaver's fault."

cut everybody else. fire weaver (can you believe he signed an extension last year that hasn't kicked in yet?) and monty into the sun. or keep them both and build around stewart and wiseman. it doesn't really matter. but those four guys don't deserve to have their careers ruined because of the pissing contest between two of the dumbest, most stubborn people in nba history to see which one can be dumber and more stubborn

• Like 1

12 hours ago, catcheryea said:

trade ausar to an organization that employs a shooting coach so he can turn into 2021 playoff wiggins and be the second best player on a championship team

trade duren to a team that doesn't force him to start next to another big who is too small to be a big but can't do anything else to negate that

trade cade and ivey somewhere where the gm and coaching staff believe in modern basketball so when they become all stars within two years, people will go "oh, it really was troy weaver's fault."

cut everybody else. fire weaver (can you believe he signed an extension last year that hasn't kicked in yet?) and monty into the sun. or keep them both and build around stewart and wiseman. it doesn't really matter. but those four guys don't deserve to have their careers ruined because of the pissing contest between two of the dumbest, most stubborn people in nba history to see which one can be dumber and more stubborn

This is tough to argue with. This is one of the worst situations I've paid attention to in my sports fandom. I want to see it completely blown up too, but rebuilt around Cade, Ausar, Ivey, and Duren(especially because all these guys could absolutely work together if there was some creativity directing them). I like all those guys and I'd like them to be on my favorite NBA team. I just don't see how we'll be able to do that, even though it seems to be completely necessary. Seems like blowing it up would mean the end of some of those guys on the roster. 

Does anyone think we could make a move with the Knicks for Bojan this season? They have a bunch of 1sts this year, but none of them look all that good. Maybe something like - Fournier, our own 1st, one of their other 1sts, our 2nd for Bojan? Tons of cap(for us to sign another Joe Harris), a couple firsts, and potentially the 1st pick in the 2nd. I know that's not nearly what was reported we were asking for, but I'm just throwing stuff out there. 

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Does anyone think we could make a move with the Knicks for Bojan this season? They have a bunch of 1sts this year, but none of them look all that good. Maybe something like - Fournier, our own 1st, one of their other 1sts, our 2nd for Bojan? Tons of cap(for us to sign another Joe Harris), a couple firsts, and potentially the 1st pick in the 2nd. I know that's not nearly what was reported we were asking for, but I'm just throwing stuff out there. 

they made their big move today

i guess if they really turn it on with og and decide to go extra all in they could do it. i would do it for the two firsts and salary filler but if you look at how much better cade has been since bojan came back you have to wonder if it’s worth it if you aren’t getting back a real spacer

they should’ve moved him in the offseason and used the cap space to fill that starting spot, but i don’t think holding onto him is really diminishing his value any more than it has already

Edited by catcheryea
  • Like 1