Official Pistons Thread: Offseason

1King

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Just saw a post that if the Pistons play a li who of Cade, Ivey, Ausar, Stewart, and Duren that they would be younger than 9 Big Ten starting Lineups this year.  That’s kind of nuts. 

killian is only a few months older than ivey, i think he turned 22 this summer, and he was their oldest starter on opening night

i saw a graph a few weeks ago showing minutes distribution by age for every team and aside from coaching it's not hard to see why we're so bad. they haven't gotten a single minute from someone between 25-32. livers is the fourth oldest player who's played this year. they also got nothing out of harris and burks was a worse shooter than hayes for 2 months. it's borderline unbelievable how bad everything about the roster has been outside of the core guys and monty doesn't even know how to use half of them

i think if they were like 9-25 cade would be in all star conversations for carrying them to that record

if we are to believe that cade is out 7-10 days, this would be a perfect chance to try anything different. start ivey at the 1 with burks at the 2 and ausar at the 3 so he can have spacers to play with, start ausar at the 2, start sasser, start knox and play with three wings. literally anything except swapping killian for cade and not changing anything else

but that's not how this coaching staff thinks, so the team that's 3-33 and missing their best player for their easiest stretch of games all season, and was already almost a lock to shatter the loss record, is going to let killian hayes take fallaway contested mid range jumpers for 34 minutes a night while the only healthy player on the team who can get to the basket stands in the corner, and the two rookies they drafted in the first round play less than 15 minutes a night. we are one duren ankle roll away from starting all three of killian, livers, and wiseman, who are pretty unarguably the three worst player in the entire league, and they will still all get more touches than ivey

hear me out, killian hayes is zach wilson. somehow, despite never showing that he belongs in the nba for more than one singular month in four seasons (and actually continually showing that he very clearly doesn't belong in the nba), he keeps getting chances to "prove himself", failing, then getting another chance. somehow his front office hasn't traded him, cut him, or buried him so deep on the bench that he can barely see the floor from his seat. he (obviously) doesn't help you win games. he (somewhat maybe less obviously, who ******* knows with these people) won't be on the team next year (will he even be in the league?). and there isn't a more toxic relationship in the league than between wilson/killian and the team's fans. outside of that one month, he can't do anything right to please them. they boo, he loses confidence and plays worse, they boo louder, it's a self perpetuating cycle. monty and troy have done literally nothing right this year. but for the love of god, can we please do anything other than make him the starter again

• Like 2

On 8/3/2023 at 1:56 PM, catcheryea said:

i can't wait for december when wiseman is racking up dnps

i also thought about this today and i don't think i've ever been more wrong about something in my life, but simultaneously i don't think i'm the one that got it wrong, if that makes sense

and the fact that bagley was actually one of the better players on the team and it felt like he finally figured out his role in the league makes it, like everything else this team does, completely asinine

On 1/9/2024 at 12:50 PM, catcheryea said:

if we are to believe that cade is out 7-10 days, this would be a perfect chance to try anything different. start ivey at the 1 with burks at the 2 and ausar at the 3 so he can have spacers to play with, start ausar at the 2, start sasser, start knox and play with three wings. literally anything except swapping killian for cade and not changing anything else

but that's not how this coaching staff thinks, so the team that's 3-33 and missing their best player for their easiest stretch of games all season, and was already almost a lock to shatter the loss record, is going to let killian hayes take fallaway contested mid range jumpers for 34 minutes a night while the only healthy player on the team who can get to the basket stands in the corner, and the two rookies they drafted in the first round play less than 15 minutes a night. we are one duren ankle roll away from starting all three of killian, livers, and wiseman, who are pretty unarguably the three worst player in the entire league, and they will still all get more touches than ivey

hear me out, killian hayes is zach wilson. somehow, despite never showing that he belongs in the nba for more than one singular month in four seasons (and actually continually showing that he very clearly doesn't belong in the nba), he keeps getting chances to "prove himself", failing, then getting another chance. somehow his front office hasn't traded him, cut him, or buried him so deep on the bench that he can barely see the floor from his seat. he (obviously) doesn't help you win games. he (somewhat maybe less obviously, who ******* knows with these people) won't be on the team next year (will he even be in the league?). and there isn't a more toxic relationship in the league than between wilson/killian and the team's fans. outside of that one month, he can't do anything right to please them. they boo, he loses confidence and plays worse, they boo louder, it's a self perpetuating cycle. monty and troy have done literally nothing right this year. but for the love of god, can we please do anything other than make him the starter again

Sadly you were right on what would happen.  Hayes back up to 30+ minutes.  Ausar and Sasser with 10-15 mins per game. Livers and Wiseman both playing 17 while Bagley gets a DNP. 

This is the most frustrating team I have ever watched.  Even worse than the Tigers two years ago.  Its like Monty decided he doesn't want to be here so instead of stepping away and agreeing to a settlement he is just trying to get fired and get it all.  Every move he makes is a head scratcher.  

And I still point the finger at Gores.  He has allowed this and is continuing to allow it.  Easily the worst ran organization in all of professional sports right in front of the Carolina Panthers and Oakland/Las Vegas As.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Sadly you were right on what would happen.  Hayes back up to 30+ minutes.  Ausar and Sasser with 10-15 mins per game. Livers and Wiseman both playing 17 while Bagley gets a DNP. 

This is the most frustrating team I have ever watched.  Even worse than the Tigers two years ago.  Its like Monty decided he doesn't want to be here so instead of stepping away and agreeing to a settlement he is just trying to get fired and get it all.  Every move he makes is a head scratcher.  

And I still point the finger at Gores.  He has allowed this and is continuing to allow it.  Easily the worst ran organization in all of professional sports right in front of the Carolina Panthers and Oakland/Las Vegas As.  

So the theory with Bagley is they are trying to trade him and want to keep him healthy. At the same time, they are trying to prove some kind of value in Wiseman, as an expiring.

44 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

it's like watching a marvel movie. i know what's going to happen in every scene. there's no creativity. monty's not running into a wall and confused why he's not running through it, he's slamming his players' heads into the wall while he watches them bleed, and decides this is the best way to break down the wall

3 minutes ago, General Tso said:

So the theory with Bagley is they are trying to trade him and want to keep him healthy. At the same time, they are trying to prove some kind of value in Wiseman, as an expiring.

anyone who has that theory is just coping and trying to rationalize the worst coach in the league. they've been trying to trade bagley since the summer and no one wants him. they tried to package him with burks or bojan and nobody wanted him. and anyone who says they're trying to improve wiseman's or killian's value by playing them more doesn't realize that the more film teams have of them, the less likely it is that they want them. wiseman would probably have more trade value if he hadn't played a minute this year so some other dumb gm could convince himself that he's a project worth taking on and he just needs the minutes to prove himself. ironically, bagley probably was actually helping his value slightly by playing well but they've decided to incinerate two birds with one stone

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Looks more like Bagley isn't good enough so they benched him for scrubs in Wiseman and Livers.  I don't think there is any method or reason to what they are doing.  

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Well, we've traded Bagley and two 2nds for a couple has beens/never weres. Apparently this is a first step in a bigger move. I'm waiting with bated breath

I hate moving the seconds in the deal but glad to get rid of Livers.  Gallo and Muscala fit better with our team given they can shoot but like you said, they are old.  Might be helpful to add some more vets though since we are so young.  It’s a weak move that I’m not sure does too much for us.