Official Pistons Thread: Offseason

1King

it's weird how ivey is the only person on the roster who was held to the "every minute is earned" standard. livers has been the worst player in basketball, can't defend, can't shoot, makes the dumbest mistake i've ever seen every other play, 36 minutes. he literally said today he's playing wiseman over bagley because it isn't fair that james never got a shot

punt the whole coaching staff to mars

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

it's weird how ivey is the only person on the roster who was held to the "every minute is earned" standard. livers has been the worst player in basketball, can't defend, can't shoot, makes the dumbest mistake i've ever seen every other play, 36 minutes. he literally said today he's playing wiseman over bagley because it isn't fair that james never got a shot

punt the whole coaching staff to mars

Livers was starting because Monty is throwing darts at the wall.

He's supposed to help Lauri but that went awfully.

Might as well just outscore them with a 3 Guard lineup if that's the case.

31 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Livers was starting because Monty is throwing darts at the wall.

He's supposed to help Lauri but that went awfully.

Might as well just outscore them with a 3 Guard lineup if that's the case.

this is the first thing he's said that i've believed in months

weaver not getting fired and then being allowed to go on a press run to explain what he's doing to fix this and then not saying anything to explain what he's doing to fix this and just reiterating his talking points from the last three years that got us to this exact point is peak 2020s pistons

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catcheryea said:

weaver not getting fired and then being allowed to go on a press run to explain what he's doing to fix this and then not saying anything to explain what he's doing to fix this and just reiterating his talking points from the last three years that got us to this exact point is peak 2020s pistons

Yeah, I am having a hard time even caring when Gores is MIA and silent and accepting of whats happening.  Weaver should not be allowed to make any moves at this point and should be fired.  The interim GM should only be allowed to trade away players for picks and not touch Cade, Duren, Ivey or Asur.  Then the next GM can have free reign with the roster and picks but we need a re-set like OKC had and stockpile picks so we can throw a bunch of darts and see what sticks. But Gores is bound and determined to watch his ship sink and its infuriating. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah, I am having a hard time even caring when Gores is MIA and silent and accepting of whats happening.  Weaver should not be allowed to make any moves at this point and should be fired.  The interim GM should only be allowed to trade away players for picks and not touch Cade, Duren, Ivey or Asur.  Then the next GM can have free rein with the roster and picks but we need a re-set like OKC had and stockpile picks so we can throw a bunch of darts and see what sticks. But Gores is bound and determined to watch his ship sink and it’s infuriating. 

13 days ago gores did a pre-christmas weekend, 9pm est, saturday night zoom press conference in which he repeatedly said “change is coming” and also “we’re probably two weeks ahead of you guys”

since then, they hired an assistant coach. no roster moves, no fires. the only roster move they’ve made since july(?) is signing kevin knox to an open roster spot

gores is worse than mia, he’s actively negligent 

i hate to break it to you, but there is no next gm. weaver is definitely getting at least the rest of this season and probably the offseason to acquire more zero dimensional players

at this point i think that octopus that picks super bowl winners could do a better job running the organization 

• Like 1