Official Pistons Thread: Offseason

1King

Lol, we don't play a team with a losing record until Dec 21 when we play Utah.  Then Toronto, Houston and Utah again but Houston is over .500 now and Toronto is close.  We have to wait until January 10 to play an awful team in the Spurs and then the Wizards again but based on the blowout last night, it really doesn't matter.  This team is horrible.  I really don't understand how they can just keep letting it happen.  Unfortunately I don't trust Gores to make the right moves even if he does clean house.  

this doesn't matter but burks' shooting splits are 31/28 since he came back from his injury. they put ivey in the starting lineup and now there isn't a person on the bench who can buy a bucket, but they still won't stagger cade and ivey and let ivey run the offense with the bench group

it's ok though, surely killian will turn start to turn it on soon

As much as I don't like Bagley, Wiseman is just worse and worthless.  I don't see the point in messing around in the game you could help end the losing streak.  At least Bagley can score and help the second unit.  

I feel like the Ivey treatment is due to media and fans calling for Ivey and Monty wanting to say see, we aren't better with him. But he is doing it by killing the second unit.  I think Ivey coming off the bench was fine but let him get the 32-36 minutes a night.   TBH Monty had these issues in Phoenix. He didn't play Bridges early and never really trusted him.  Then he blows up when set free and leads a bad team to a playoff spot.  Not sure we got much if any of an upgrade with Monty from Casey and now we are stuck with it for a few years because of the contract, unless Gores breaks out the cash to let the next GM move on if needed.  

19 hours ago, catcheryea said:

this doesn't matter but burks' shooting splits are 31/28 since he came back from his injury. they put ivey in the starting lineup and now there isn't a person on the bench who can buy a bucket, but they still won't stagger cade and ivey and let ivey run the offense with the bench group

it's ok though, surely killian will turn start to turn it on soon

Burks injury really cooled him off but part of that is the players around him now. As you said playing with guys they don't need to guard makes it tougher on him.  If we had Bogey and Morris along with Bagley, the bench would be decent at least.  Unfortunately as we have discussed, our team is determined to never play a game together fully healthy.  

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

As much as I don't like Bagley, Wiseman is just worse and worthless.  I don't see the point in messing around in the game you could help end the losing streak.  At least Bagley can score and help the second unit.  

I feel like the Ivey treatment is due to media and fans calling for Ivey and Monty wanting to say see, we aren't better with him. But he is doing it by killing the second unit.  I think Ivey coming off the bench was fine but let him get the 32-36 minutes a night.   TBH Monty had these issues in Phoenix. He didn't play Bridges early and never really trusted him.  Then he blows up when set free and leads a bad team to a playoff spot.  Not sure we got much if any of an upgrade with Monty from Casey and now we are stuck with it for a few years because of the contract, unless Gores breaks out the cash to let the next GM move on if needed.  

He wanted Bridges to develop better offensively. Idk, I feel like that coaching style worked, I'm not sure if Bridges is who he is without that early benching. 

Ivey looks more engaged on defense now.

1 minute ago, General Tso said:

He wanted Bridges to develop better offensively. Idk, I feel like that coaching style worked, I'm not sure if Bridges is who he is without that early benching. 

Ivey looks more engaged on defense now.

Eh, pushing Ivey to be better on D and letting him learn from mistakes on the court works too.  98% of players get better by learning from their mistakes and getting time on the court to improve.  Experience is more helpful in development than benching and making the whole team suffer/resent you.  This isn't high school, these guys are professionals.  Bridges was great and when given the chance to be the focal point he is doing what he would have done if he wasn't benched.  If you can't motivate guys without being a prick to them then you aren't a good coach in the first place. 

Side note, why does he not hold Hayes to any standards to earn minutes?  Sure you can focus on defense but if benching magically makes guys better, Hayes should have been benched since his O was way worse than Ivey's D.