MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

9 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

anyone catch the first two fights of this card?

two highly hyped prospects made their debut (Jose Torres vs Jarred Brooks and Nathaniel Wood vs Johnny Eduardo). Both guys won in the 2nd after losing the first by a decent margin. Torres won when Brooks knocked himself out trying a highlight slam takedown. Wood got busted up on the feet for a round, then Eduardo pulled half guard(???) as if he was Demian Maia, and Wood submitted him.

pretty crazy results back-to-back, two massive mistakes from the more experienced competition

Yea Torres shouldn't feel good about that though

29 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea Torres shouldn't feel good about that though

I wouldn't say that. I mean, sure monkey boy knocked himself out trying to look cool, but in the first Torres did well to survive everything Brooks threw at him, and with the slam Torres did everything right technically to avoid being thrown. sometimes your opponent beats himself, but you have to at least put him in the position where that can happen.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

And he is still ripped. Just seems kind of fishy but supposedly he is clean now. Hopefully he fights smarter vs Whittaker

He has been tested by USADA for like 15-20 years and hasn't got caught by anything that stuck (that one violation got cleared I believe). He is either really good at using or just a genetic freak.

Just getting through to me now that 225 is almost here. been a while since there's been any "can't wait cards". probably not since Poirier-Gaethje and 223 in April. had a bit of a drought before then as well. 220 was probably the only other really exciting card this year.

the hype's coming back now though. 225 and 226, and then there's always a few huge cards near the end of the year.

18 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Just getting through to me now that 225 is almost here. been a while since there's been any "can't wait cards". probably not since Poirier-Gaethje and 223 in April. had a bit of a drought before then as well. 220 was probably the only other really exciting card this year.

the hype's coming back now though. 225 and 226, and then there's always a few huge cards near the end of the year.

223 was supposed to be incredible. I was so stoked for it and was gonna get hammered on my birthday for the card lol but that flamed out hard. Poirier-Gaethje was a good one. You're right that this is the most exciting card in a while and there is so much depth to love on it that if half of them turn out to be as good as we expect it'll be a great card:

Whittaker-Yoel

RDA-Covington

Holm-Anderson

Arlovski-Tai

Reem-Blaydes

Claudia-Carla

Lamas-Bektic

Smith-Evans

Guida- C. Oliveira

Benavidez-Pettis

That is a great card

CM Punk on the card is an interesting wrinkle

13 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

223 was supposed to be incredible. I was so stoked for it and was gonna get hammered on my birthday for the card lol but that flamed out hard.

That's a little rough to say. It was the spectacle of the year, and it's not like the card itself disappointed, just that Conor got coked up and Tony wore his sunglasses inside. Plus, the card wasn't bad, Rose-Joanna 2 was a fantastic fight, Zabit-Bochniak was incredible, and we got to see Khabib get totally exposed on the way to a 50-43 win.

Though my comment early was more related to the anticipation of these cards, not necessarily the quality themselves. There's been some under the radar fight nights that turned out to be super exciting. but nothing beats the feeling of "is it Sunday yet" I get for a big card.

Edited by Buckrock101

2 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

That's a little rough to say. It was the spectacle of the year, and it's not like the card itself disappointed, just that Conor got coked up and Tony wore his sunglasses inside. Plus, the card wasn't bad, Rose-Joanna 2 was a fantastic fight, Zabit-Bochniak was incredible, and we got to see Khabib get totally exposed on the way to a 50-43 win.

Though my comment early was more related to the anticipation of these cards, not necessarily the quality themselves. There's been some under the radar fight nights that turned out to be super exciting. but nothing beats the feeling of "is it Sunday yet" I get for a big card.

LOL I love him, but damn i had a good laugh wit that one. 

Did Khabib get exposed?

Also aren't the cards usually on Saturday?

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

LOL I love him, but damn i had a good laugh wit that one. 

Did Khabib get exposed?

Also aren't the cards usually on Saturday?

Was joking about Khabib.

And cards are Sunday for me, I'm about 12 hours ahead of you guys