MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

44 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

the last time the 185 lbs belt was up for grabs in a fight was Nov. 2017 when Bisping fought GSP. That's crazy. It is gonna go over a year and a half, at least, w/o being contested.

It'll be over 2 years if they don't strip Whittaker. Hernia surgery is a 6-8 month recovery and that's before getting into a camp for a fight. He likely doesn't even fight in 2019. If he does, it'll be around November.

Edited by beekay414

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

It'll be over 2 years if they don't strip Whittaker. Hernia surgery is a 6-8 month recovery and that's before getting into a camp for a fight. He likely doesn't even fight in 2019. If he does, it'll be around November.

Months or weeks? 

I've had 3 hernias since 2015 and the recovery time is about 2 months. Obviously I'm not a fighter though and I'm not getting hit in the abdomen. 

What news to wake up to... lol. Awful situation for everyone involved, and sounds like it's just terrible luck with the timing. Too late to get a replacement in there, otherwise there would have been plenty of options. Now Whittaker's had to pull out both times he was supposed to defend in Australia. Feel so bad for him.

I love Rob, but they gotta make an interim title fight at least. I wouldn't even argue if they stripped him. This is an exciting division, and it needs to start moving forward. Gastelum vs winner of Adesanya/Silva, hopefully sometime soon

8 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Months or weeks? 

I've had 3 hernias since 2015 and the recovery time is about 2 months. Obviously I'm not a fighter though and I'm not getting hit in the abdomen. 

Yeah, you're probably right. I thought I read months but it's more likely weeks. So he may be ready to fight in June...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buckrock101 said:

They should have Anik call the fights by himself. You'd never know something exciting is happening by listening to Cruz

I like Dom, but sometimes he's a little tone deaf. Joe is just awful to me now. Anik, DC, Hardy and Bisping kill it. Dom and Felder are great too. 

6 minutes ago, John232 said:

I like Dom, but sometimes he's a little tone deaf. Joe is just awful to me now. Anik, DC, Hardy and Bisping kill it. Dom and Felder are great too. 

Think Dom is perfect as a 3rd man. His technical analysis is amazing. But he's the furthest from a hype man, which is what Joe is great at

47 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

boy this card is next-level weak. we've got this De La Rosa-Kassem fight on PPV for some reason, Rani Yahya and Sam Alvey on the main card, and Dominick Cruz as the main color guy. they should've just renamed the card next week as a numbered card

Great card for a guy like me whose just getting back into it.