MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

16 hours ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Woodley is easily the least skilled and least exciting male champion in the UFC. He lost both WonderBoy fights IMO, fought a shell of Maia's self (who honestly is a one trick pony with poor striking), and then was fed an overrated and underskilled Till. I honestly don't get the Woodley love. He's a boring fighter who constantly spams overhand rights and stay out of striking range to avoid damage. That said, Usman is just as boring and perhaps even less skilled. Hoping for a simultaneous knockout and Woodley retirement. 

Are you talking current champions? 

What would be your list top to bottom male champions based on skill?

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Does anyone honestly think Anthony Smith wins? Or even lasts 3-4 rounds?

Also what do you make of Lawler v Askren? I like Askren a lot just seems like a fun dude but if he isn't going to fight Woodley then I want Lawler to win so it helps stir the pot for contenders vs Woodley. I think we all would like to see TWood v Lawler 2

He has the bare minimum chance for mma. As in there is always a chance but its 1 in a 100 chance smith wins. 

1 hour ago, eagles101 said:

He has the bare minimum chance for mma. As in there is always a chance but its 1 in a 100 chance smith wins. 

Even the betting odds are crazy against him like Rousey back in the day. We used to say the higher the weight class the more susceptible you were to the unexpected but he has nothing for Jones.

12 hours ago, eagles101 said:

Pretty much this. Anyone who seriously predicts Smith will win is just guessing/hoping. But he does have a chance. It was the same tone before Rousey-Holm, McGregor-Diaz 1 (possibly Barao-Dillashaw 1 too, I didn't follow MMA back then). Anything can happen, but I'd be surprised, Jones has very few weaknesses.

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Even the betting odds are crazy against him like Rousey back in the day. We used to say the higher the weight class the more susceptible you were to the unexpected but he has nothing for Jones.

He's only +600 which is pretty surprising to me. Figured it'd be even higher lol. 

8 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Pretty much this. Anyone who seriously predicts Smith will win is just guessing/hoping. But he does have a chance. It was the same tone before Rousey-Holm, McGregor-Diaz 1 (possibly Barao-Dillashaw 1 too, I didn't follow MMA back then). Anything can happen, but I'd be surprised, Jones has very few weaknesses.

Does he have weaknesses outside of drugs?