MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

7 hours ago, Knowledge said:

I watched this as well. I love their breakdowns. They broke that choke down really well. Basically Robbie wasnt getting out of that and if he did he was going to be in a very bad position in side control. I think he did go out for a second there. Rogan and Brendan mentioned on JRE that your natural instinct to fight a choke isnt to let you arms go limp or even put them down for that matter. 

But if he didnt think he was going out, he could have been letting ben burn out. Ive done it plenty of times, just let someone burn out on a bad choke....ive also gone out on my shield with that. 

28 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

that is what robbie said. said that he wasn't getting choked but askren was squeezing hard so he thought he let him burn out his arms.

And im generally inclined to believe him. Of course if it didnt stop there ben could still have got the choke. There is no way of knowing what actually happened but I believe that robbie thought he was safe.

I was upset they even made the Jones vs Smith fight, and after watching it, I'm justified in being upset. One of the biggest mismatches in MMA History. Basically just feeding Jones so they can do Jones vs DC or Jones vs Adesanya. Smith did not belong in the octagon with Jones.

Was surprised by Usman. He completely annihilated Woodley. Looks like the Woodley reign is over and we might have a new Top 10 P4P.

Askren looked good. I'm glad they didn't stop the fight. And I don't care what Lawler says, that dude went limp even if it was for 0.25 seconds.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I was upset they even made the Jones vs Smith fight, and after watching it, I'm justified in being upset. One of the biggest mismatches in MMA History. Basically just feeding Jones so they can do Jones vs DC or Jones vs Adesanya. Smith did not belong in the octagon with Jones.

Was surprised by Usman. He completely annihilated Woodley. Looks like the Woodley reign is over and we might have a new Top 10 P4P.

Askren looked good. I'm glad they didn't stop the fight. And I don't care what Lawler says, that dude went limp even if it was for 0.25 seconds.

Where you getting Jones/Adesanya at? Izzy is a small MW already. Jones would destroy him

13 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Where you getting Jones/Adesanya at? Izzy is a small MW already. Jones would destroy him

I was thinking the same think. 

Honestly who does jones fight though. The  LHW division is weeeeaaaaaak. Having a possible goat hold a belt in such a weak division is sad. But that happens with most goats I suppose. 

44 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

I was thinking the same think. 

Honestly who does jones fight though. The  LHW division is weeeeaaaaaak. Having a possible goat hold a belt in such a weak division is sad. But that happens with most goats I suppose. 

Question, we've talked about MWs going up to 205. Is Yoel Romero a bigger threat to Jones than other LHWs right now?

39 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Question, we've talked about MWs going up to 205. Is Yoel Romero a bigger threat to Jones than other LHWs right now?

Yes. I wouldnt give him great odds but i would say thats a better fight then almost every lhw.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Who else would you have had Jones fight, if not for Smith. It was either fight Smith, or sit on the shelf for however long until someone proves themselves worthy. I personally would rather see Jones fight whoever is next in line, which in this case was Smith.

Just now, Buckrock101 said:

Who else would you have had Jones fight, if not for Smith. It was either fight Smith, or sit on the shelf for however long until someone proves themselves worthy. I personally would rather see Jones fight whoever is next in line, which in this case was Smith.

They could of had Romero move up. Would of been interested to see how Jones would of dealt with his power. To a second degree, Thiago Santos. More power and way more impressive than Anthony Smith. Anthony Smith beat two washed up fighters who shouldn't be fighting anymore and an average fighter. It was one of the least deserving title shots ever, Anthony Smith is average.

55 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

To me that seems highly unlikely. How can you pass out and then come back in the middle of a choke?

If ben loosened up he could have came back quick without lawler even realizing it. 

For me it’s irrelevant. If he went out or not, he came back instantly and gave a thumbs up.  Shouldnt have been stopped imo.

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They could of had Romero move up. Would of been interested to see how Jones would of dealt with his power. To a second degree, Thiago Santos. More power and way more impressive than Anthony Smith. Anthony Smith beat two washed up fighters who shouldn't be fighting anymore and an average fighter. It was one of the least deserving title shots ever, Anthony Smith is average.

Santos has made a bid with his last fight but before that he wasnt a better contender. 

Isnt yoel already scheduled for a fight? There a few interesting fights for jones but when talking lhw division, its weak. No one really deserves a shot so then they are going push fighters that arnt ready. As long as jones stays straight hes not getting beat for awhile. 

Welterweight Division is interesting with Woodley not champion now. I'd prefer Woodley win at least one fight, preferably two fights before another shot after getting embarrassed that bad.

Usman v Covington next title fight, this seems obvious

I'd like to see Askren vs Maia in the GOAT grappler battle

Winner of Til vs Thompson faces winner of Askren vs Maia and winner gets a title shot.

Make Woodley vs Ponzinibbio as well. That can be a title shot fight as well.

Usman vs Covington

Next title fight: Usman/Covington vs Woodley/Ponzinibbio

Next title fight Usman/Covington/Woodley/Ponzinibbio vs Thompson/Til/Askren/Maia

If that makes sense. There's your next 3 WW title fights.