MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Does anyone think Conor fights in 2019? 

If so is it belt or nothing?

I'd put money on him fighting the winner of Poirier Holloway to "earn" his rematch to Khabib, pending a win, or a fight for the featherweight belt so he has "something." Conor also tweeted that he'll "see us in the Octagon" and making his "retirement" just as much as a BS as it was in 16'

Different topic, but does anyone see Jon Jones EVER fighting at a different weight? If so, 185 or heavy weight? 

I want him to, because LHW is the worst division in the UFC right now. Or maybe it just seems that way because he's so much better than the rest.

I remember the good ole days when the LHW division was the best in MMA.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

I'd also be willing to bet that by the end of 2020, GSP fights Conor or Khabib, and beats either one of them. Conor easily, Khabib is a UD.

GSP is probably the only fighter in fighting shape right now that can match him and not go into Defensive hamster mode to just get mauled. 

No one will ever beat Khabib with a defensive game plan.

45 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I'd put money on him fighting the winner of Poirier Holloway to "earn" his rematch to Khabib, pending a win, or a fight for the featherweight belt so he has "something." Conor also tweeted that he'll "see us in the Octagon" and making his "retirement" just as much as a BS as it was in 16'

Different topic, but does anyone see Jon Jones EVER fighting at a different weight? If so, 185 or heavy weight? 

I want him to, because LHW is the worst division in the UFC right now. Or maybe it just seems that way because he's so much better than the rest.

Absolutely no chance Jones can make 185 and i think a huge reason 205 is weak is just because he is that freakin good

25 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I'd also be willing to bet that by the end of 2020, GSP fights Conor or Khabib, and beats either one of them. Conor easily, Khabib is a UD.

GSP is probably the only fighter in fighting shape right now that can match him and not go into Defensive hamster mode to just get mauled. 

No one will ever beat Khabib with a defensive game plan.

Is GSP even wanting to make a comeback and also I thought he couldn’t make 170 or did he just take the Bisping fight bc it was an easier title fight? Cant imagine Khabib wants to fight him at 185 but Conor is just enough IDGAF to say he’ll fight at 185

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is GSP even wanting to make a comeback and also I thought he couldn’t make 170 or did he just take the Bisping fight bc it was an easier title fight? Cant imagine Khabib wants to fight him at 185 but Conor is just enough IDGAF to say he’ll fight at 185

He said fighting at 185 is tougher because he claims his "street weight" is 178 and gaining weight caused his health issues.. I think Khabib and GSP fight at 170 because Khabib has said his "street weight" is 200. 

Conor's natural weight is 170. He'd never make 185. Even when he fought Diaz at WW, I don't even think he was 169.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

More chance GSP fights at 155 than 185. Think he took the 185 fight as a challenge, but it ended up giving him stomach problems from the process of putting on weight, so no chance he fights there again (if he fights again).

3 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I definitely see him fighting at heavyweight at some point. If he keeps beating everyone at LHW, that's the only test left for him.

It sounds crazy to talk about him fighting at 185, but tbh he has a similar frame to Israel Adesanya, who makes 185 with seemingly no issue. So maybe. I'd still bet on him going up rather than down though.

On a similar note, I was re-watching the Weidman-Jacare fight last night, and I really wish Jacare would move up to 205. There's a much easier path to the title there, and I feel like he has maybe the best chance out of anyone at 185 or 205 to beat Jon.

Poirier over Holloway would be the bigger upset for me. I think Gastelum walks through Israel tbh. When it comes down to which of them has had the bigger fights and better opponents, it's a landslide in favor of Gastelum. I have no idea why he'd be the underdog. He's the better fighter.