MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

"He showed he was hittable"

"He shouldn't get hit as much as he did"

It's a fight. One guy tries to hit you, and you try to hit the other guy. Getting hit is part of the sport. Every great fighter has been hit - GSP vs Condit/Hendricks, Jon Jones vs Gustafsson/Machida... the mark of a great fighter is when you get hurt, but are able to hurt the other guy more, which is what Izzy did in this fight.

Opinion should be higher on him because he was able to be taken into deep waters, and still pull it out and dominate the final round. There's no question about him being a flashy but fragile striker - we now know he can win in a war.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

That was my initial point. Israel himself said he’s going GOAT hunting and will beat Jones. As I said he’s a good fighter and I like him but he’s getting overhyped.  

He said it himself. Not sure you can say he is overhyped by others bc of something no one else actually said 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

He said it himself. Not sure you can say he is overhyped by others bc of something no one else actually said 

My initial post was that Israel is good but not great and that he acts like he's the greatest fighter to ever grace the Octagon. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

My initial post was that Israel is good but not great and that he acts like he's the greatest fighter to ever grace the Octagon. 

Doesn’t everyone? The sport nowadays is so different bc people are trying to be a Conor copycat.Casual Fans want someone who can put on a show and talk. Basically a WWE wrestler that fights

Even Conor had a similar rise to the top where he didnt have to fight several top guys before getting his shot 

Colby Covington is trying to do the same

Tony Ferguson “your boy” wasn’t a big talker until he realized he had to in order to help sell fights and get a title shot

I don’t like many football players that run their mouth but its different for fighters. There is no PPV football game, hell its on a channel far more accessible than ESPN or FS1. We might want fighters to just fight but talking helps

Why did Bisping get a rematch vs Rockhold when Jacare clearly deserved it? They can sell that fight better bc they both would push this hatred agenda and Jacare cant speak on the mic that well 

Henry Cejudo is running his mouth now trying to save a whole division 

Dodson after DJ 2 or 3? apologized to DJ saying he was selling 

Thug Rose is probably the least popular womens champ bc she isnt annoyingly overconfident despite being hella skilled

This is how the game is played. Play it the way the UFC and casuals want and you’ll get a shot at the belt much quicker 

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Doesn’t everyone? The sport nowadays is so different bc people are trying to be a Conor copycat.Casual Fans want someone who can put on a show and talk. Basically a WWE wrestler that fights

This is how the game is played. Play it the way the UFC and casuals want and you’ll get a shot at the belt much quicker 

Yup, definitely all great points and I agree with you. I actually really like Izzy and hope that he gives the UFC their next "star" to promote. After his last two fights though I'm definitely catiously  optimistic that it happens though 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yup, definitely all great points and I agree with you. I actually really like Izzy and hope that he gives the UFC their next "star" to promote. After his last two fights though I'm definitely catiously  optimistic that it happens though 

He was never in danger vs Silva and Kelvin is a tough SOB. Romero v Izzy would be fun 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wow, Masvidal hit him so hard he made the gorilla go rogue

We joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's going a little off the rails after his recent results. He was on the verge of being a superstar before the Woodley fight. Now he's been finished twice in a row, most recently being sparked at home in England. A swing like that would put the majority of fighters in a bad place.