Official NFL Draft Thread (General Discussion for Draft)

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Pretty disappointed so far. This draft, i have a bad feeling is gonna leave me completely doubting Colbert as a GM

I am not as familiar with the prospects as others here, but this really is annoying if colbert and co really got this far out of line. If this RD1 picks would be there in RD2, that is not good . I thought for years that the FO has wasted the draft too often, but also hit with great picks at WR for some reason.  I don't care for burns and now if we have another RD1 pick that isn't good, we might as well just trade the RD1 picks unless they are of the DDC variety or if the player has a legend for a brother, but thats it. Jarvis, hood, dupree, burns, mendenhall, just too many wasted RD1 picks for me. 

Do the coaches/scouts have more input that we think they do? This could be what happens, how would we know for sure. If Lake has convinced them he is another Troy (or Blake I suppose since he liked Blake) , then how much blame does colbert get?

Where would you have edmunds ranked as a safety for this draft?  They say his tackling could be better, not a good sign unless you are deon sanders IMO. Tackling is crucial.

Just now, Steelers22 said:

Isn't one of his biggest weaknesses inconsistent tackling though?

this is what I don't like, we are getting away from fundamentals as Noll would call it. I can see them moving him to LB but how will he handle the hitting inside?

Archived