2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

36 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

You *honestly* don't think people here would not find reasons to complain?

LOLOLOLOL.

People are never happy. No getting around that. 

I mean...this place would suck if we all agreed with one another anyway. 

On 10/26/2018 at 1:25 PM, Calvert28 said:

Go watch Jace Sternberger, basically a Hayden Hurst replica but younger. Plus the only tackles I would consider 2nd round are Williams obviously, them Edward's or Adam's. 

As for the 2nd part. The Cooper trade was not just to give Dak a new weapon it was to upgrade our passing game as a whole. If everything holds firm and we get Thomas in the offseason. I see them making further improvements to the passing game. I'm sure even Jerry is regretting drafting Wittens replacement when he could. 

I'm watching the Georgia- Florida game and I really like the TE from Georgia, Nauta. Any chance at this kid in the 2nd?

You know, off the subject, it really would have been smart of Dallas, since they were going to offer a 1st anyway, to also suggest swapping 2n round picks. I mean, Oakland's 2nd is going to be like a late 1st rounder anyway.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20

7 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

I'm watching the Georgia- Florida game and I really like the TE from Georgia, Nauta. Any chance at this kid in the 2nd?

You know, off the subject, it really would have been smart of Dallas, since they were going to offer a 1st anyway, to also suggest swapping 2n round picks. I mean, Oakland's 2nd is going to be like a late 1st rounder anyway.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20

That's the most frustrating thing and why I am so pissed off about this trade. We see it all over the league, teams that trade a high pick for a player typically have some sort of "protection" built in the deal. Most teams trade only a 2nd or 3rd (at most) for a player as a means of protection. Other times they swap picks or have a deal in place where a 2nd round pick turns into a 1st rounder i(traded player plays "x" amount of snaps).  I'm willing to bet that no one had Leighton freaking Vander Esch as a 1st round draft pick this time last year. 

Mack was traded to Chicago for 2-1st round picks, but the Bears made darn sure to receive some type of protection back for the deal before it finalized. We gave up a 1st and got nothing back. That is an extremely valuable pick. I can't remember the last time the Cowboys have made out equal on a trade or benefitted from one like this. They can't even trade their best players (Ware, Romo) for a draft pick.

Could we swapped 2nd rounders with Oakland? Maybe. Swapped 3rd rounders? Probably. But I have zero faith that this front office even thought about pursuing those protections in this trade. I think it's more likely they thought: "Philly's offering their 2nd rounder??? Nooo!! *panic breathing* Here's our 1st rounder! Submit the paperwork ASAP!". They are a bunch of idiots masquerading as NFL aficionados. 

So ... QB watch for those wanting one.

Justin Herbert - Horrible game. 13-32 for 92 yds. TD and INT.
Drew Lock - Very mediocre day. 15-27 for 165. 
Steven Montez - Pretty solid day. 24-39 for 319, 2 TDs, 
Will Grier - Another terrific day. 17-27 for 353 and 3 TDs.
Daniel Jones (Duke) - 27-42 for 396 and 4 TDs
Dwayne Haskns - bye

8 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

So ... QB watch for those wanting one.

Justin Herbert - Horrible game. 13-32 for 92 yds. TD and INT.
Drew Lock - Very mediocre day. 15-27 for 165. 
Steven Montez - Pretty solid day. 24-39 for 319, 2 TDs, 
Will Grier - Another terrific day. 17-27 for 353 and 3 TDs.
Daniel Jones (Duke) - 27-42 for 396 and 4 TDs
Dwayne Haskns - bye

Yea well Dak missed like a gazillion open receivers last game and fumbled in the endzone and gave a TD away. :P

Only thing this means is that we may get them at a value. Nothing about this class says 2013 just based on the physical aspects alone for these guys. Leaving Justin Hebert out who we won't get anyways here are my comparison's for these guys.

Drew Lock- Mathew Stafford

Steven Montez- Cam Newton

Will Grier- Andy Dalton

Daniel Jones- Drew Bledsoe/ Joe Flacco

Dwayne Haskins- Ehhh I wanna say Patrick Mahomes but Mahomes is not the statue that Haskins is. So maybe Jaimis Winston.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea well Dak missed like a gazillion open receivers last game and fumbled in the endzone and gave a TD away. :P

Only thing this means is that we may get them at a value. Nothing about this class says 2013 just based on the physical aspects alone for these guys. Leaving Justin Hebert out who we won't get anyways here are my comparison's for these guys.

Drew Lock- Mathew Stafford

Steven Montez- Cam Newton

Will Grier- Andy Dalton

Daniel Jones- Drew Bledsoe/ Joe Flacco

Dwayne Haskins- Ehhh I wanna say Patrick Mahomes but Mahomes is not the statue that Haskins is. So maybe Jaimis Winston.

Kinda my point for the "we need a QB and traded a top 10 pick crowd". Justin Herbert is the consensus #1 QB as far as I've seen and really the only one who has garnered a consist 1st rd grade. 

Dallas probably isn't looking at QB anyway so the point is moot, but still, there will be some decent options outside rd 1. 

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Kinda my point for the "we need a QB and traded a top 10 pick crowd". Justin Herbert is the consensus #1 QB as far as I've seen and really the only one who has garnered a consist 1st rd grade. 

Dallas probably isn't looking at QB anyway so the point is moot, but still, there will be some decent options outside rd 1. 

So... which QB do you think is going to be there by the time we pick in Round 2? 

Archived