2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

9 minutes ago, htfryar said:

Yeah, he would. But, we have less shot of that happening than we do of Matts and DaBoys coming together and finding common ground on the subject that shall not be named.

Crazy stuff happens every year. 

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Ed Oliver weighed in at 281 for his pro day. That’s down from combine weight of 287. 

Where do you think his draft spot is? Easily a top 5 prospect, but there are going to be some scheme limitations for him that I think drop him some. Just not sure how far.

I have a hard time seeing him getting past Atlanta.

21 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

He did it at 281 though. That's worrisome, even for a 3tech.

Doubt that's his playing weight though.

A 4.73 at 281. I mean we are almost at LB speed. If it's actually a 4.85 at 300 pounds I'll take that.

We aren't getting Ed Oliver, guys.

Remember we are having an Amari Cooper highlight party day 1 of the draft.

Seriously.

36 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

So with DLaw, Quinn, and Taco and somehow maybe Gregory.... does DE move down the list in round 2?

Should it change at all, seeing that the lot of them aren't the most available players?

I think it should still be in consideration of the right player is there. I could see them going after a Zach Allen or Anthony Nelson as a Crawford replacement. Plus Quinn is only a 1 year solution right now, and they, rightfully so, have no faith in Taco. Obviously the Quinn deal helps ease the need for this year, however.

3 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I think it should still be in consideration of the right player is there. I could see them going after a Zach Allen or Anthony Nelson as a Crawford replacement. Plus Quinn is only a 1 year solution right now, and they, rightfully so, have no faith in Taco. Obviously the Quinn deal helps ease the need for this year, however.

Agreed. Always take BPA, no matter positional need. 

It would increase our leverage should we look to trade one of the DEs on roster.

17 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Jerry Tillery is going to fall into our laps in the second and I am going to be so happy.

That would be pretty sweet. 

LDE: Lawrence | Crawford | Charlton 
3T: Collins | Ross | Tillery
1T: Woods | Covington 
RDE: Quinn | Gregory | Armstrong

Not a bad DL 

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

That would be pretty sweet. 

LDE: Lawrence | Crawford | Charlton 
3T: Collins | Ross | Tillery

Not a bad DL 

Who are the odd ones out? Dallas isn't keeping 11 DL.  Honestly looking at that I think Crawford, Charlton and Collins would be the guys. June 1st Crawford save $7m. Cut Collins outright and save $2.5m. Cut your loses and try to find a trade partner for Charlton and save some money over cutting him.  

4 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Who are the odd ones out? Dallas isn't keeping 11 DL.  Honestly looking at that I think Crawford, Charlton and Collins would be the guys. June 1st Crawford save $7m. Cut Collins outright and save $2.5m. Cut your loses and try to find a trade partner for Charlton and save some money over cutting him.  

Well...say we move on from Collins, Crawford and trade Charlton....

LDE: Lawrence | Hyder 
3T: Ross | Tillery

Still, not bad.

I think this one of those draft years where the Cowboys feel like they have a complete team, but need one more impact player to take them over the top. I think they will trade up if one of the elite players start to drop close to them.

Noah Fant, Irv Smith Jr., Jeffery Simmons, Juan Thornhill, Jerry Tillery

I wouldn't wait until pick 58. If anyone of those 5 players make it to the mid 40s, I'm moving up taking the highest rated on the board (preferably Fant or Thornhill) and not leaving it to chance.

Archived