2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, oldman9er said:

Interesting, and duly noted. Second run is up next (I'm a few minutes behind now).... 2nd run = 4.33

Goes to show, 40 speeds don't necessarily represent the player on the field. They're somehow fun and intriguing, but little more. 

I mean, Jamel said he was going to run like that. But, still. It may just be his lack of hip fluidity that made him unable to mirror routes, but he was...never that great. The loss of Carlton Davis hurt, even if the safeties' better overall play compensated somewhat. He's always been a strong sucker, though. Always looked like an awkward dime linebacker type out there trying uncomfortably to hang out wide. Do it Raiders. Look at those sexy combine numbers. You know you want to. 

Oh ok…… So Raiders really were shopping DC at the combine huh? Peter King is as well respected of a reporter as there is in the NFL so he would know. 

And if they like Haskins, then a team will have to jump to at least #3 to get him. Looks like both QBs will be gone by the 4th pick. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh ok…… So Raiders really were shopping DC at the combine huh? Peter King is as well respected of a reporter as there is in the NFL so he would know. 

And if they like Haskins, then a team will have to jump to at least #3 to get him. Looks like both QBs will be gone by the 4th pick. 

Here is the #1 reason they are shopping Carr. 

And for the second part of your post, that's exactly why the giants will trade us obj for Haskins. If Murray doesn't go #1 it makes if a lot less likely we are able to trade down imo 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

My understanding is that he looked bad in drills?

Underwhelming, yes. I don't think any of these top kids look so good in the drills so far, but I'm a little behind and catching up. 

Greedy was a noticeable stud more than not, while playing in games for the Tigers. That's enough for me... but NO corner looks like a top 12 guy, imho. 

15 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just curious, you have Aldon Smith's numbers? 

Measurables

Percentiles vs. Edge Defenders
Measurable Measurement %tile
Height 6' 4" 58
Weight 263 lbs 40
Arm Length 35⅜" 94
Hand Size 9¾" 40
40 Yard Dash 4.74s 69
Vertical Jump 34" 62
Broad Jump 118" 67
20 Yard Shuttle 4.5s 29
Bench Press 20 reps 23

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Measurables

Height 6' 4" 58
Weight 263 lbs 40
Arm Length 35⅜" 94
Hand Size 9¾" 40
40 Yard Dash 4.74s 69
Vertical Jump 34" 62
Broad Jump 118" 67
20 Yard Shuttle 4.5s 29
Bench Press 20 reps 23

Thanks, so nothing really that pops out aside from arm length...And lord knows Baalke loved himself some arm length LOL. I'm guessing his 3-cone numbers were nothing special either?

And look at his hand size. Sub-par and it still didn't matter at all as he was a premiere pass rusher from the day he stepped on the field. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thanks, so nothing really that pops out aside from arm length...And lord knows Baalke loved himself some arm length LOL. I'm guessing his 3-cone numbers were nothing special either?

And look at his hand size. Sub-par and it still didn't matter at all as he was a premiere pass rusher from the day he stepped on the field. 

7.19 3 cone. Actually suprised that they didn't include in the spider graph for some reason. 

You should see Demarcus Lawrence's

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

7.19 3 cone. Actually suprised that they didn't include in the spider graph for some reason. 

You should see Demarcus Lawrence's

7.19 for his size is actually pretty solid no? 

Lawrence's wasn't impressive or what? 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

7.19 for his size is actually pretty solid no? 

Lawrence's wasn't impressive or what? 

7.19 is okay. Nothing to write home about, nothing to be scared of overall. 

Yeah, Lawrence didn't have anything elite whatsoever. Just some slightly above average stuff. His 3 cone at his size was nasty at his size. 

Measurables

Height 6' 3" 31
Weight 251 lbs 14
Arm Length 33¾" 55
Hand Size 11" 97
10 Yard Split 1.62s 70
40 Yard Dash 4.8s 58
Vertical Jump 34½" 68
Broad Jump 113" 40
3-Cone Drill 7.46s 18
20 Yard Shuttle 4.31s 75
Bench Press 20 reps 23

Just now, Forge said:

7.19 is okay. Nothing to write home about, nothing to be scared of overall. 

Yeah, Lawrence didn't have anything elite whatsoever. Just some slightly above average stuff. His 3 cone at his size was nasty at his size. 

Measurables

Height 6' 3" 31
Weight 251 lbs 14
Arm Length 33¾" 55
Hand Size 11" 97
10 Yard Split 1.62s 70
40 Yard Dash 4.8s 58
Vertical Jump 34½" 68
Broad Jump 113" 40
3-Cone Drill 7.46s 18
20 Yard Shuttle 4.31s 75
Bench Press 20 reps 23

Crap, 7.46????? And he weighed 10 pounds less than Aldon.

The draft truly is a crap shoot huh? Lol. 

Correct about the draft being a crap shoot. That's why for all these drills the tape is #1 hands down. Aldon and Tank Lawrence both showed they had elite pass rushing traits in gms(when healthy). 

Archived