2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Former Texas cornerback Kris Boyd said he was asked about certain body parts in the lower portion of his body.

"One crazy question I can think of was, 'Do I have both of my testicles?' " Boyd said, according to USA Today. "And I was like, 'Yeah. I don’t know why you got to ask.' That was one I can think of."

Boyd did not say which team asked him that question.

Kentucky cornerback Lonnie Johnson said the Seahawks had him compete in a staring contest during his interview with team, according to NFL.com, that lasted "15, 16 seconds"

From the land of "more ridiculous things that NFL teams do during the interview portion of the combine"

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Going to be a long 7 weeks with this back and forth. 

As it should (for Arizona). With us as a division rival picking right after them and knowing that our move depends 100% on what they do, they have to keep people guessing. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

As it should (for Arizona). With us as a division rival picking right after them and knowing that our move depends 100% on what they do, they have to keep people guessing. 

Kind of does suck for us too. Because I think we may be a lot more open to some moves with regards to the #2 overall pick if we know Bosa isn't there. I Think we only move out of that pick if Bosa is there if the trade involves OBJ. 

7 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Juan Thornhill jumping out the gym 👀

and put up 21 reps on the bench.... absolutely killed it

And is it me or are the DBs flying this year? Lots of great 40 times...mucho speed in this draft's defensive secondary.

Unfortunately, a lot of them looked really bad in the drills from what I understand. 

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Kind of does suck for us too. Because I think we may be a lot more open to some moves with regards to the #2 overall pick if we know Bosa isn't there. I Think we only move out of that pick if Bosa is there if the trade involves OBJ. 

100% agree. But that's why they would be wise to tip hands in all directions. If they do plan on picking Bosa and came out and said it now, maybe we make that OBJ trade. If they wait, maybe we still make the OBJ trade on draft-day, but now he has 2 fewer months in a difficult playbook and we were forced to spend a couple months evaluating other possible receivers.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'm sure they will have broached those discussions with the Giants well before the draft if they haven't already. Basically just work out the details of the trade and the Giants may say we will do the deal if player X is there and the niners say we will do the deal if player y isn't there. They don't have to tell eachother the names of the players either although I'm sure both clubs can make educated guesses.

Anyone happen to catch adderleys numbers at the combine or did he not do drills? I saw an interview with him for a philly paper for him so he must have been there but I cant find numbers for him.

6 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Anyone happen to catch adderleys numbers at the combine or did he not do drills? I saw an interview with him for a philly paper for him so he must have been there but I cant find numbers for him.

I think he was battling a bum ankle which has been the case since the end of his season I think I read. Which may explain some of is middling reports out of the Senior Bowl. I know there are some Thornhill fans amongst (not sure if you're one of them or not) but that man KILLED it and he has great film. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson also put up some great testing numbers if you were looking for some possible FS prospects this draft.

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I think he was battling a bum ankle which has been the case since the end of his season I think I read. Which may explain some of is middling reports out of the Senior Bowl. I know there are some Thornhill fans amongst (not sure if you're one of them or not) but that man KILLED it and he has great film. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson also put up some great testing numbers if you were looking for some possible FS prospects this draft.

I know 757 and myself are Thornhill supporters. His combine was a little too good lol. No way he's there in the third now, I think. 

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I haven't watched any of thornhill but I've seen plenty of Gardner, I agree he is good. Adderley is still my draft crush we wont take though ;)

5 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I haven't watched any of thornhill but I've seen plenty of Gardner, I agree he is good. Adderley is still my draft crush we wont take though ;)

Adderley has long been one of my favorites so I'm right there with ya. @Forge, I think Thornhill is safely in round 2 now but could be an option for us there if FS still has not been addressed, wouldn't mind any of those three, Adderely, CGJ or Thornhill really. Might be the only three prospects I'd feel better than ok about heading into the season with as a starter as I don't want 2 of the 3 we already have in Tartt, Harris, and Colbert starting at the same time and I want to see Reed play full time slot CB.

15 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Adderley has long been one of my favorites so I'm right there with ya. @Forge, I think Thornhill is safely in round 2 now but could be an option for us there if FS still has not been addressed, wouldn't mind any of those three, Adderely, CGJ or Thornhill really. Might be the only three prospects I'd feel better than ok about heading into the season with as a starter as I don't want 2 of the 3 we already have in Tartt, Harris, and Colbert starting at the same time and I want to see Reed play full time slot CB.

I'll have to take a look at thornhill tomorrow

On 3/3/2019 at 3:54 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

I've already acknowledged in Polite's case it simply may be he is not able to take any criticism and is uncoachable. There have been some red flags there so I'll give you that.

But I'm talking in a general sense. You said the prospects should look at it as criticism and not being attacked per se. Sure, in an ideal world that's what should happen. But a lot of these guys come in not being comfortable in an interview setting. They don't feel like they can articulate well enough and already have their guard up. Some just aren't good communicators. So when a team starts blasting them for why they did this or that, they automatically shut off. They react the only way they know how to. I wouldn't say if they can't take any criticism than they probably have questionable character as it is. It goes deeper than that. But whatever, no need to go any further on this. It is clear Polite's had an disastrous week and may now slip to day 2.

It’s not so much to me that he didn’t handle the interview as much as it’s an issue that he talked about it with the media like a sensitive beaten puppy. If you get flustered that’s one thing. But in public say learning process, good conversation, etc.  But saying we didn’t talk about football, they didn’t care to have a conversation with me, whatever he said, makes him look sensitive, weak, and uncoachable. In my humble opinion. 

Archived