2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

28 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

so what about these huge corners that are available in the draft?

who do you like in the 2nd 3rd or 4th round?

Rock Ya-Sin, JoJuan Williams, and Lonnie Johnson are my top 3 favorites for rounds 2 and 3. 

58 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Oruwariye is a great option in rd 2.. Justin Layne and Mullen must be a consideration. 

I wouldn't mind them, depending on FA, but just depends. Still want Edge in rd 1, then WR/S in rd 2.. but this can change. 

I like Layne. Wish he were a little  more of a ballhawk considering his receiver days, but I like everything else. 

3 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

ya-sin might be the only one available when we pick in the 3rd

I don't like his lack of speed though

His speed is fine, especially in this scheme. That being said, I think he's more likely to go in round 1 than he is round 3. 

55 minutes ago, Forge said:

His speed is fine, especially in this scheme. That being said, I think he's more likely to go in round 1 than he is round 3. 

I was going to say the same. A lot of people are saying Rock will be 3 or 4th corner taken in the draft. I can't figure out where Williams and Johnson will land, though. I've seen mocks that had them anywhere from the 2nd to 4th.

13 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/breaking-the-2019-wide-receiver-class-into-nfl-roles

Fantastic article in case anyone hasn't seen it... I tried my version of a post on the Leo position a while back that I think was similar though far less eloquent. I wish more draft articles were written this way.

Brad Kelly is the truth. The best WR evaluator from any draftnik. 

I really like Jalen Hurd for us in the 3rd or 4th. He could be our X receiver and also our goal line back. Cool thing about him is you could come out in an empty formation, and then the defense has to make a choice between having the right amount of DB's or linebackers out there. If there's too many linebackers, just stay empty and if it's too many DB's you motion Jalen Hurd into the backfield and hand it off to him.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000993504/article/baylor-wr-jalen-hurds-imperfect-but-calculated-path-to-the-nfl?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Dcollege-football%3Bplyr%3Dadrian_peterson%3Bplyr%3Dkareem_hunt%3Bplyr%3Djoe_mixon&p.ct=CFB+24/7&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23ffffff&p.bgc1m=%23000000&sr=amp

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Correct, @ me two to three years from now. 

I think he’s a dynamic receiver, but his size and recent foot injury concern me. I look at him and see Phillip Dorset, Corey Coleman, and Travis Benjamin. I hope he proves me wrong, but I just don’t think he’s the best receiver in this class.

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think he’s a dynamic receiver, but his size and recent foot injury concern me. I look at him and see Phillip Dorset, Corey Coleman, and Travis Benjamin. I hope he proves me wrong, but I just don’t think he’s the best receiver in this class.

You compared him to Phillip Dorset?

giphy.gif

Archived