Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lambert44

Who plays MLB this year

Recommended Posts

Jon Bostic and Matthew Thomas at Mack. 

Vince Williams and Tyler Matakevich at Buck.

Expect us to carry more safeties as I do expect Marcus Allen to play some Mack as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-04-30 at 1:18 PM, Steeler Hitman said:

You are correct.  I had read an earlier report that he had signed with the Raiders, but it must be incorrect because he isn't listed on their roster.

http://www.raiders.com/team/roster.html

do we have any cap space to sign a vet like Bowman?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 3rivers said:

do we have any cap space to sign a vet like Bowman?

Don't see how he would have been a good signing really. 

 

Bowman was a really good Mack when pairing with a potential HOFer Patrick Willis. When he doesn't have a good Buck, he doesn't show up on the sheet or make impact plays much as we would like. Bostic however, have shown the ability to make seldom splash plays with awful Buck, so I'm more interested in seeing how Bostic can play on a much better defensive squad (even though it's not by much). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Alex said:

Don't see how he would have been a good signing really. 

 

Bowman was a really good Mack when pairing with a potential HOFer Patrick Willis. When he doesn't have a good Buck, he doesn't show up on the sheet or make impact plays much as we would like. Bostic however, have shown the ability to make seldom splash plays with awful Buck, so I'm more interested in seeing how Bostic can play on a much better defensive squad (even though it's not by much). 

good to read this, I hope you're right about this AlexB|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing about Bowman is, and this was true for anyone who might be a PSU Fan and payed close enough attention, he has always been a part of a really good tandem.  The key word there being tandem.  As stated above, he offered a different skill set than Patrick Willis, together they were almost the perfect ILB duo.  After Willis retired, he wasn't the same and after the injury it was even worse.  He was good, but wasn't the same kind of great in Oakland.  Here, we just have too much instability for Bowman, I'm not sure that he'd succeed here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say that there's a reasonable chance given that he received a 3 year contract that Matthew Thomas does indeed make the final 53.  Having said that, I have a strong feeling he will finish the season as a starter despite not having began the season as such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I'd say that there's a reasonable chance given that he received a 3 year contract that Matthew Thomas does indeed make the final 53.  Having said that, I have a strong feeling he will finish the season as a starter despite not having began the season as such.

I hate to rain on your parade but all the UDFA’s received 3 year deals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2018 at 11:28 AM, 3rivers said:

do we have any cap space to sign a vet like Bowman?

I have no idea what our cap situation is currently. I a sure that they have room for the rookies to be signed.  I do believe tat they could free up money by converting another portion salary to bonus and potential June 1 cuts as well.

I don't think Bowman would cost and arm and a leg in salary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I hate to rain on your parade but all the UDFA’s received 3 year deals.

I get that but they didnt make it a point to write lengthy articles about the 'other guys'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×