Gregory to file for reinstatement May 1st

D82

This is great news. Gregory has been a big disappointment up to this point, but he's still a special talent. My biggest reason to be optimistic about Gregory: we haven't heard anything about him failing a test in a long time. He has been away from football for 16 months, while still getting randomly drug tested and he's passed them all. His last "failed" drug test, came from him missing the timeframe to get tested. 

If he is able to come back and play for 16 games, our pass rush will be great.

8 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

This is great news. Gregory has been a big disappointment up to this point, but he's still a special talent. My biggest reason to be optimistic about Gregory: we haven't heard anything about him failing a test in a long time. He has been away from football for 16 months, while still getting randomly drug tested and he's passed them all. His last "failed" drug test, came from him missing the timeframe to get tested. 

If he is able to come back and play for 16 games, our pass rush will be great.

Pretty sure it's been reported he hasn't failed a test since mid-2016.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

when are we getting/expecting an update with this?

The commissioner has 60 days I believe to issue a decision once the appeal is submitted. I don’t expect us to hear anything until training camp, so July/August at the earliest.

4 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

The commissioner has 60 days I believe to issue a decision once the appeal is submitted. I don’t expect us to hear anything until training camp, so July/August at the earliest.

Would be nice to get Gregory back for an entire training camp. To get him in shape and to see what he can really do

3 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

What woukd he need to do this year to have made him worth that 60th pick way back?

3 sacks? 5? 9? 

Honestly i dont care if he did 12 this year, that pick went entirely up in smoke.

Even in a house fire, you hope here are some things that can be salvaged.

4 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

What woukd he need to do this year to have made him worth that 60th pick way back?

3 sacks? 5? 9? 

Honestly i dont care if he did 12 this year, that pick went entirely up in smoke.

If he doesn't have a sack all year, but makes the game winning sack in the super bowl, I'll be glad we took him at 60 instead of letting him bust with some other team 3 picks later.

But I agree, no amount of stats can save him now. The only thing that will make him worth the pick is a Brandon Graham esk play in a big game.

12 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

3 sacks? 5? 9? 

I was honestly really excited when Gregory got selected but the risk was definitely not worth it. Whatever he contributes at this point is a bonus.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'm sorry. I must need more coffee. Are we seriously dismissing double digit sacks? What.

Double digit sacks 1 out of 4 years will save him from being a bust in your mind?

Then of course, if he DID have 10 sacks, the team has a big decision to make as far as a 2nd contract. I highly doubt a double digit sack year ensures him a big multi year deal. DLaw isn't even getting one immediately and has been more consistent than RG. His double digit sack year didn't erase his injury/suspension plagued start to his career.

If double digit sacks truly saved RG from the bust label then we would see that fruit in a 2nd contract. But that won't happen. He is getting 1 year prove it's for the rest of his life. Because he is a bust.

19 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Double digit sacks 1 out of 4 years will save him from being a bust in your mind?

He has been out of football for a very long time. If he even comes close to double digit sacks I will be shocked and exceedingly pleased. 

That doesn't change the fact he has, thus far, been a wasted pick. But if he turns his career around and produces, I am not going to wring my my hands together waxing poetically about time-lost. Cameron Wake lost what, four years of his football life before he became a headhunter. Now, I am not saying that he is going to be successful. I am just saying discounting double digit sacks is beyond crazy - especially when that would have amounted for the most or second most amount of individual sacks on this team for the last three years.

Archived