BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

Instead of the draft let's talk about our other ways of acquiring players.

PFA:
Shaq Griffin - Once Sherman declines further then Griffin has a good chance to be Seahawks #1
Kendell Beckwith - Got off to a really hot start but has cooled since. He's still playing well and could be a long-term starter at LB.

I haven't looked through who everyone else got in PFA but blind I'd put mine up against anybody's.

Waivers:

Sometime last year I got Adam Thielen off waivers. He and Bouye are undoubtedly the best two waiver pickups from last year, and Xmad only got three quarters of a season out of his.
W1 - Jordan Poyer - Seriously one of the best safeties in the league. He also has the best first name in existence so he has that going for him too.
W2 - Trevor Williams - No one watches any Chargers games, but I've read he's playing extremely well. He's played all three CB spots and has covered #1 receivers at times. PFF really likes him also. He's also in his second year so he'll be an ERFA.
W3 - James Develin - meh I needed a FB at the time to try to convince people I could run the ball.
W4 - Alex Collins - This guy has a real chance to be a good feature back. He'll also be an ERFA.
W5 - Daryl Williams - He's turning into a pretty good RT. He'll be an RFA.
W6 - I was too obsessed with my mafia game to put in a waiver claim this week. I'm fairly certain I had PM'd bcb like 10 times that day too.
W7 - Tyeler Davison - Starting DT for the Saints. He'll also be an RFA.
Spencer Drango - He's clearly the LT of the future for the Browns after holding Everson Griffin to one sack. Okay so probably not. He'll be an ERFA though.

Looking through the other waiver claims the only one that stands out other than mine are the two times that Ken Crawley got picked up.

Edited by Whicker
  • Like 2

1.5 Leonard Fournette - Beast! 
1.8 Jonathan Allen - Stud DT but got hurt.
2.1 Haason Reddick - Starting OLB but hasnt had the projected pass rush #s expected.
2.13 Jabrill Peppers - Starting SS for Browns but has missed time with foot injury
3.4 Dan Feeney - Has been on the bench until the past couple weeks when injuries thrust him into the starting lineup.
3.14 Quincy Wilson - Has been a healthy scratch most of the season for the Colts.
5.5 Raekwon McMillan - Was going to be the starting MLB but went on IR before the season.
5.6 Antonio Garcia - IR
5.8 Cordrea Tankersley - Took over as a starting outside cormer half way through the season and has done well for Miami.
6.4 Adam Shaheen - Blocking TE most of the season but with Zach Millers injury may finally get more playung time.
PFA Nazair Jones - Rotational DT

PFA Julien Davenport - Hasn't seen any action

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Whicker said:

PFA:
Shaq Griffin - Once Sherman declines further then Griffin has a good chance to be Seahawks #1
Kendell Beckwith - Got off to a really hot start but has cooled since. He's still playing well and could be a long-term starter at LB.

I haven't looked through who everyone else got in PFA but blind I'd put mine up against anybody's

Yea those are pretty good gets that late. I wanted Beckwith pretty bad but thought after his injury he'd slip through the draft entirely.

10 hours ago, Whicker said:

Instead of the draft let's talk about our other ways of acquiring players.

PFA:

I haven't looked through who everyone else got in PFA but blind I'd put mine up against anybody's.

Waivers:

Sometime last year I got Adam Thielen off waivers. He and Bouye are undoubtedly the best two waiver pickups from last year, and Xmad only got three quarters of a season out of his.
W1 - Jordan Poyer - Seriously one of the best safeties in the league. He also has the best first name in existence so he has that going for him too.
W2 - Trevor Williams - No one watches any Chargers games, but I've read he's playing extremely well. He's played all three CB spots and has covered #1 receivers at times. PFF really likes him also. He's also in his second year so he'll be an ERFA.
W3 - James Develin - meh I needed a FB at the time to try to convince people I could run the ball.
W4 - Alex Collins - This guy has a real chance to be a good feature back. He'll also be an ERFA.
W5 - Daryl Williams - He's turning into a pretty good RT. He'll be an RFA.
W6 - I was too obsessed with my mafia game to put in a waiver claim this week. I'm fairly certain I had PM'd bcb like 10 times that day too.
W7 - Tyeler Davison - Starting DT for the Saints. He'll also be an RFA.
Spencer Drango - He's clearly the LT of the future for the Browns after holding Everson Griffin to one sack. Okay so probably not. He'll be an ERFA though.

Looking through the other waiver claims the only one that stands out other than mine are the two times that Ken Crawley got picked up.

i know you may not have watched it cause browns.  But Drango had help on about 85-90 percent of snaps

Edited by bcb1213
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

i know you may not have watched it cause browns.  But Drango had help on about 85-90 percent of snaps

Tbh you could say that I don't watch any of the games and you'd be close to being right. Unless watching snippets of each game on one of the twenty TVs in the poker room counts as watching a game.

I do know he wasn't very good. If I ever have to start him I'm totally cherry-picking that stat though. I feel like most of us would. I'll be sure to throw in a line about him receiving help on 90% of the snaps just to be sure.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Tbh you could say that I don't watch any of the games and you'd be close to being right. Unless watching snippets of each game on one of the twenty TVs in the poker room counts as watching a game.

I do know he wasn't very good. If I ever have to start him I'm totally cherry-picking that stat though. I feel like most of us would. I'll be sure to throw in a line about him receiving help on 90% of the snaps just to be sure.

duly noted

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

And wow I missed waivers once again. I'm sorry guys but clearly BDL is the second most important game on this board to me.

Unacceptable!

anyways it's Josh McCown time. Who has more TD's and a better completion percentage than the following...

Big Ben

Winston

Newton

Ryan

Goff

Manning

with less weapons...