BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

I'm open for business trade wise. Willing to take on 3 downs and will listen to offers at least on pretty much anyone but JimmyGQ and Donald.

Probably wait until after the SB before consummating anything just in case of sudden retirements. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I'm open for business trade wise. Willing to take on 3 downs and will listen to offers at least on pretty much anyone but JimmyGQ and Donald.

Probably wait until after the SB before consummating anything just in case of sudden retirements. 

I knew you'd have a nickname for him soon.

The London Knights franchise would like to announce that with the new ownership group in place, we plan on making some major changes in the coming days and weeks.

First order of business, the franchise has been speculating the possibility of relocation, thought rebranding will happen at a minimum.

In addition, there has been some interest, so we would like to officially announce that all players, including Andrew Luck, are available for trade discussion.

Curious: Could a team theoretically perform a trade that involves a player whose salary does not match their performance and then subsequently 3Down said player immediately? In other words, give another franchise the benefit of keeping their own 3Down slot when they trade that player away?

Does that make sense?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Curious: Could a team theoretically perform a trade that involves a player whose salary does not match their performance and then subsequently 3Down said player immediately? In other words, give another franchise the benefit of keeping their own 3Down slot when they trade that player away?

Does that make sense?

It sounds like a yes from the multiple people commenting that they have 3 downs available for trade but its a good question.

12 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Does that make sense?

Yes, absolutely. 

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:49 PM, Jlash said:

3up & over (until May 29) : A 3up & over gives the chance to owners to trade away or for upcoming free agents. If an owner trade for an upcoming free agent, he has to resign him at 100% of his IRL contract. Each owner is limited to one 3up & over per year (either if you trade for or away the player) and a 3up & over will count against the 3up limit for both parties 

So....If I traded away a FA and he was 3 up and over'd by his new owner it would count against my 3 - 3ups as well?

• Like 1

Top 3 Positions of Interest for the franchise formerly known as the London Knights:

1. Runningback (We are looking for a bell-cow #1 type of back)

2. Middle Linebacker (Looking for a leader in the middle of the defense)

3. Safety (Looking for a hard-hitting safety to complement Earl Thomas)

Obviously we've got a lot more areas of need, but those are the top priorities for us.

32 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

So....If I traded away a FA and he was 3 up and over'd by his new owner it would count against my 3 - 3ups as well?

Like pheltz said. CORRRRECT

Stops a guy from trading away 10 potential FA's and hurting the potential FA pool. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Top 3 Positions of Interest for the franchise formerly known as the London Knights:

1. Runningback (We are looking for a bell-cow #1 type of back)

2. Middle Linebacker (Looking for a leader in the middle of the defense)

3. Safety (Looking for a hard-hitting safety to complement Earl Thomas)

Obviously we've got a lot more areas of need, but those are the top priorities for us.

Saquon Barkley would've looked good on your squad.