2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

Normally, I am totally for winning regardless of where in the season as I can't root for losses. But, when you are in desperate need for a QB and wins bomb your chances of finding "the guy", than that frustrates me.

Hopefully Lock and/or Jones position themselves worthy of being in the top 10 and that works out...because boy do I feel like Haskins is going to be something we look back on in frustration about a meaningless win in December against Miami in the fall of 2018.

4 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

again, we're going to have to trade up regardless

being a Jags fan is hard enough without finding reasons to be upset when we win

The thing is, Giants are ahead of us and can also trade up while being able to provide better pick assets.

We may have always needed to trade up regardless, but when your also behind a team that can also move up that needs a QB it gets much more difficult.

I'm not upset yet, as if we lose and they win this week it doesn't matter, but if we lose out on Haskins because we can't move up/provide the assets the Giants can to get that guy than...I'll be a tad salty. Too damn difficult to get guys of that caliber and a random week 16 win where we were going no where altered that. Not like I'm upset at the players or Marrone as they have jobs on the line, but the fan in me definitely is frustrated.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

The thing is, Giants are ahead of us and can also trade up while being able to provide better pick assets.

We may have always needed to trade up regardless, but when your also behind a team that can also move up that needs a QB it gets much more difficult.

I'm not upset yet, as if we lose and they win this week it doesn't matter, but if we lose out on Haskins because we can't move up/provide the assets the Giants can to get that guy than...I'll be a tad salty. Too damn difficult to get guys of that caliber and a random week 16 win where we were going no where altered that. Not like I'm upset at the players or Marrone as they have jobs on the line, but the fan in me definitely is frustrated.

honestly im hoping for the giants to just keep rolling eli out LOL

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

The things that work for us is that we have multiple picks in the 3rd round (off the top of my head, I don't know if the NYG have anything similar), there's a good likelihood it will be NFC teams at the top of the draft, and we should be able to do a trade where we give up less than the Rams did when they moved from #15 to #1 (which, honestly, was not much relatively speaking in a class where Goff was probably a much better prospect than Haskins).

12 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

The things that work for us is that we have multiple picks in the 3rd round (off the top of my head, I don't know if the NYG have anything similar), there's a good likelihood it will be NFC teams at the top of the draft, and we should be able to do a trade where we give up less than the Rams did when they moved from #15 to #1 (which, honestly, was not much relatively speaking in a class where Goff was probably a much better prospect than Haskins).

Man I really hope you're right. Think I've made it known my feelings about Haskins...I really would hate to see us miss out on him.

Vito has been running us through the coals and I'm happy about it. This organization deserves it. 

We better follow through with sign a vet/draft a guy. I'll be pissed we walk into next year with Tyrod/Fitz + Kessler or some random flier in the 5th/6th of the draft.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Things may have just got more interesting...

I like Kyler more than Herbert and he's on a similar level to Haskins.

Height hurts, but...

i dont care about his height.  i care more about him and his lack of weight. i mean even 190 isnt likely able to withstand the nfl punishment

11 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i dont care about his height.  i care more about him and his lack of weight. i mean even 190 isnt likely able to withstand the nfl punishment

Because no one at his age gets bigger once they get to the pros.

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Because no one at his age gets bigger once they get to the pros.

im sure he will get bigger but we arent needing a longer-term "project". we need more of a day 1 starter and im not sure i like sending a sub 200 pound guy out there.   Even guys like Brees, Wilson and mayfield all came into the league at 200+ pounds.  i also think Murrays game is more based on athleticism on the small amount ive watched of him so he needs to get bigger but not lose much of the athleticism. 

apparently his college reports him at 5 foot 10 195 pounds. 

pre-college he was 5 foot 9 177 pounds. 

definitely gonna need to see the official measurments cuz im sure they college numbers are off. 

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

im sure he will get bigger but we arent needing a longer-term "project". we need more of a day 1 starter and im not sure i like sending a sub 200 pound guy out there.   Even guys like Brees, Wilson and mayfield all came into the league at 200+ pounds.  i also think Murrays game is more based on athleticism on the small amount ive watched of him so he needs to get bigger but not lose much of the athleticism. 

apparently his college reports him at 5 foot 10 195 pounds. 

pre-college he was 5 foot 9 177 pounds. 

definitely gonna need to see the official measurments cuz im sure they college numbers are off. 

All these guys are projects. Kyler Murray has fantastic arm talent though, as Bucky Brooks just said. He'd be right up there behind Haskins probably if he came out and for good reason.

I'm not about to pass on a guy like Kyler because his measurement are abnormal compared to most QBs who come into the league.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

All these guys are projects. Kyler Murray has fantastic arm talent though, as Bucky Brooks just said. He'd be right up there behind Haskins probably if he came out and for good reason.

I'm not about to pass on a guy like Kyler because his measurement are abnormal compared to most QBs who come into the league.

Pretty sure you did this same thing with Baker last year. Sure looks like the Browns are kicking themselves because he wasn't the prototypical 6'3/220-225+.

And yes, I realize that Baker is still a decent bit larger than Kyler would be coming out.

Every top prospect has their cons. Kyler Murray's main one happens to be his height. It's no guarantee, like any other top guy's issues, but there are shorter QBs who have been successful. He's likely shorter than even Mayfield/Wilson/Brees but it's not a complete detriment depending on how he copes with it. Typically, the answer is a deep understanding of your playbook and routes, and an ability to read a defense and anticipate throws.

Archived