2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hey fellas, who do you guys want to pick with the #2 overall pick? Either you guys move up for Haskins, or we trade our 2nd plus Mullens for Ramsey. Will be looking forward to doing business with you guys in the near future. 

Take care. 

A 2nd and Mullens for the best CB in the NFL on a rookie contract? Woof

2 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Ramsey isn't going anywhere and if he did, it'd take more than that. If we trade up to #2, it'd have to be Haskins if he does declare.

We can work on the details later. This was just a preliminary offer. No worries. Main point, we will be in talks soon. 

59 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Duke QB Daniel Jones is declaring. That's a good thing. Another option.

I find him super intriguing. His mechanics are iffy at times but comparing him to Bortles isnt fair to him at all. Not to mention a huge strength I hear with Jones is his quick release and his football IQ/leadership as it gets compared to the Manning's because of his coach, which is the complete anti-Bortles.

Haskins is #1, but Jones is most definitely #2 at this time for me, followed by Lock.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I find him super intriguing. His mechanics are iffy at times but comparing him to Bortles isnt fair to him at all. Not to mention a huge strength I hear with Jones is his quick release and his football IQ/leadership as it gets compared to the Manning's because of his coach, which is the complete anti-Bortles.

Haskins is #1, but Jones is most definitely #2 at this time for me, followed by Lock.

If they draft Bortles 2.0 aka Daniel Jones i'll throw up in my mouth but its Caldwell making the call so I fully expect to be sick on April 25, 2019.

6 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

If they draft Bortles 2.0 aka Daniel Jones i'll throw up in my mouth but its Caldwell making the call so I fully expect to be sick on April 25, 2019.

He's not Bortles so...

Also, if you think this QB won't be Coughlin's idk what else to say. You think the leader of football ops is going to leave the whole eval/decision in the GM who took the QB we're about to bounce to the curb? Interesting.

Bortles is literally a one of a kind. The dude openly admitted to not being a natural thrower of the football and he couldn't be farther from a real leader.

We love the dude because of his personality and he's a great runner, but as far as throwing the ball goes, he and Daniel Jones aren't interchangeable unless you think everyone that has some unneeded motion when they throw is Blake...which is most QBs.

6 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

eh, I don't think that's a real fair comment

I guess it depends how you look at them. Blake has his own way of talking with guys but it sure as hell seems like he's a buddy more than a guy that will rally the troops/say what is needed.

Either way, Jones leadership style from the looks and sounds of it is anti-Blake, good or bad. 

Haven't seen one person compare the guy to Bortles outside of this forum, and even then it seems to be due to the guy being tall, big, and white while having some inconsistencies at times in his throwing motion (that isn't nearly as "off" as Blake is/was).

The name I've seen comp'd most to Jones has been Wentz. 

Archived