2019 Mock Drafts

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Not sure that's the evidence you want to use to show that we should do it again...nor did he say we've never done it.

to have a true number 1 wr on this offense its a very good gamble especially in round 2 altho this scenario doesnt happen cuz blake f'd us hard by winning the dolphins game.  gotta have to move up somehow to grab our next qb cuz its clear its not blake and its not kessler.

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

to have a true number 1 wr on this offense its a very good gamble especially in round 2 altho this scenario doesnt happen cuz blake f'd us hard by winning the dolphins game.  gotta have to move up somehow to grab our next qb cuz its clear its not blake and its not kessler.

When does this team ever do anything that is quote logical? Jags are going to sit ideally by twiddle their thumbs.. and do the status quo ‘Well we didn’t want to force anything we just wanted the draft to fall to us’ type war room game plan. You can see the bull from a mile away with this team.

15 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Yeah, I'm fine with it. Just saying not sure Fournette is a great example of why we should.

I'd be for grabbing him, especially in round 2.

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Do we really want to roll the dice on a high pick offensive weapon that has injury issues?

Yeah.  I think we do, if it's someone with the kind of upside Metcalf has, at a position in serious need of upgrading on this team.  If the medicals check out, he's exactly the sort of weapon this offense is in dire need of (in addition to a competent ball thrower, obviously).

The question for me is really just the catch-22 of...the further a guy falls, the more i'd start to worry about the medicals.  At some point, you have to start wondering if that many teams are passing on him, is there something serious there that numerous other teams aren't clearing medically?  But the talent and upside is there to justify it, for sure.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I'm fine with it. Just saying not sure Fournette is a great example of why we should.

I'd be for grabbing him, especially in round 2.

Yeah.  Not the greatest example, considering the way Fournette's leg/foot/ankle soft tissue stuff has seemed to follow him to the NFL.

I think the better example on our team of why you should gamble like that is probably Myles Jack.  Where his injury red flag hasn't really been an issue, yet.  It might be an issue long-term as it was apparently projected to be, but hasn't really been a chronic problem thus far for him.  It seems like the Metcalf scenario is probably more in than vein anyway.  It's two totally separate and unrelated issues with him anyway.  It's a broken neck recently, and previously, a foot injury.  I'm no doctor, but as per the song, the neck bone is not connected to the foot bone.

I think it's really just a matter of whether he's going to come back 100% from that neck injury...like Mike Williams seems to be doing?  I think Metcalf is the bigger talent as a prospect...but i'm no doctor, and don't know the specifics of how their respective neck injuries and prognoses compare.  That's gonna be one of those elements that you just can't really scout from an armchair at all.

6 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

dillard i feel is being slept on some.  he has the tools to be a starter in the right scheme.  if we were to go more towards how the nfl is trending in a spread scheme then hes perfect in a pass blocking way and would be a good fit for a LT spot and at worse i feel hes an upgrade from the mess known as josh wells. 

Ehhh...i think there's a reason a lot of people kinda "sleep on" OLinemen coming out of those type of systems.  How many successful OLinemen has Leach put into the NFL?  The NFL in general may be adopting a lot more spread concepts and has been for a while now...but under Coughlin, i don't really see us heading too far down that road.  More importantly, even the OL playing in places like KC, CHI on the cutting edge of that whole "college-ization" of offense in the NFL...still aren't playing the same way they have their OLine blocking at Washington State.  It's still a very different scheme from what Leach runs, especially on the OLine...even if it borrows from a lot of the same concepts elsewhere.  Same reason nobody is like, "yeah, let's hire Leach as our NFL OC!!!".  It's just not stuff that works at that level.

I'm certainly all for taking chances on a guy with some swing tackle traits though.  Late in the draft like that...i'm actually kinda more inclined to take guys with ST useful skillsets like LBs, TEs, spare DBs, etc. and/or positions like RB that always seem to get slept on in general.  Just secure those rights and not leave it up to PFA lottery.  But with how bad the OLine situation around the league is getting, and how quickly we ran out of viable LT depth almost immediately...maybe that is really worth just getting a guy with some athletic traits in the building and see if you can fix them.

14 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Ehhh...i think there's a reason a lot of people kinda "sleep on" OLinemen coming out of those type of systems.  How many successful OLinemen has Leach put into the NFL?  The NFL in general may be adopting a lot more spread concepts and has been for a while now...but under Coughlin, i don't really see us heading too far down that road.  More importantly, even the OL playing in places like KC, CHI on the cutting edge of that whole "college-ization" of offense in the NFL...still aren't playing the same way they have their OLine blocking at Washington State.  It's still a very different scheme from what Leach runs, especially on the OLine...even if it borrows from a lot of the same concepts elsewhere.  Same reason nobody is like, "yeah, let's hire Leach as our NFL OC!!!".  It's just not stuff that works at that level.

I'm certainly all for taking chances on a guy with some swing tackle traits though.  Late in the draft like that...i'm actually kinda more inclined to take guys with ST useful skillsets like LBs, TEs, spare DBs, etc. and/or positions like RB that always seem to get slept on in general.  Just secure those rights and not leave it up to PFA lottery.  But with how bad the OLine situation around the league is getting, and how quickly we ran out of viable LT depth almost immediately...maybe that is really worth just getting a guy with some athletic traits in the building and see if you can fix them.

i would have flipped a 6th to the eagles to have acquired that Rugby rookie they drafted.  big and athletic.  work him as a future LT and if that doesnt work plug him as a TE. 

Somehow in this SIM the giants ignore QB so here is the glory

9: R1P9 QB DWAYNE HASKINS OHIO STATE Starting QB

41: R2P9 WR NKEAL HARRY ARIZONA STATE Starting WR

72: R3P8 G CHRIS LINDSTROM BOSTON COLLEGE Starting RG

93: R3P29 OT JAWAAN TAYLOR FLORIDA Probable starting RT

111: R4P9 EDGE JALEN JELKS OREGON DE depth. a true outside rush guy

184: R6P9 RB DEVIN SINGLETARY FLORIDA ATLANTIC C.O.P. RB

240: R7P24 S LUKAS DENIS BOSTON COLLEGE Potential Successor to gipson?

58 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

The good and the bad just watch his release look familiar? The elongated release is why I’m not a fan of the young man. 

His release worries me a tad, that's for sure. Still feel like it's quicker getting out than Blake, and Blake's release gets far worse at times than that if that's the worst release we'll see from him.

I got the stomach flu last night so was unable to see the game today but he seems to be getting rave reviews after today's outing.

On 24/12/2018 at 1:53 PM, LinderFournette said:

i would have flipped a 6th to the eagles to have acquired that Rugby rookie they drafted.  big and athletic.  work him as a future LT and if that doesnt work plug him as a TE. 

Ehhh...when you're drafting a guy like Mailato or whatever his name was, i think you have even less flexibility than normal in terms of trying them out in different roles to see what works.  You've not only gotta install the position-specific technical stuff they've completely missed in not playing high level football for their prime "learning years"...you've got all the layers of just general "football knowledge" and "football technique" in general to install on top of that.  They can be an interesting ball of clay as an athlete i guess, but the more you try to remold that ball of clay into some totally different things, the more time it's going to take and the more it's going to either run out the clock on your rookie contract timeline, or just result in a project that never really gets anywhere in any one particular direction.  I think you pick a spot, say...try to develop him as an OT...and if that isn't looking good by the end of their rookie deal, you're cutting bait.  You're going to end up with them stashed on the PS at some point anyway.  I wouldn't flip anything to them for that.

On 26/12/2018 at 6:08 PM, LinderFournette said:

Somehow in this SIM the giants ignore QB so here is the glory

9: R1P9 QB DWAYNE HASKINS OHIO STATE Starting QB

41: R2P9 WR NKEAL HARRY ARIZONA STATE Starting WR

72: R3P8 G CHRIS LINDSTROM BOSTON COLLEGE Starting RG

93: R3P29 OT JAWAAN TAYLOR FLORIDA Probable starting RT

111: R4P9 EDGE JALEN JELKS OREGON DE depth. a true outside rush guy

184: R6P9 RB DEVIN SINGLETARY FLORIDA ATLANTIC C.O.P. RB

240: R7P24 S LUKAS DENIS BOSTON COLLEGE Potential Successor to gipson?

I could dig this too.  Haskins at 9 and Harry in round 2 look unlikely to me...but getting a top QB and a top WR would be a pretty ideal scenario in general imo.  I could get behind some other scenarios too, but if i were making a wishlist...a QB and a top-end big body receiving target would be at the top of it.

Archived