Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 16 - Taco Bowl XVI POSTED!)

I did some quick charting, so I may be missing someone - I'm pretty sure I'm not though. 

The only guys who have hit 3,000 yards over the last three seasons:

M78VSof.png

Hilton is 1 yard off though.

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

Sad that Thielen goes from the top WR in the league to this.

I know he is semi-injured, but 22 yards in the last game and a half hurts after going for 100+ in each of the first 8 games.

On the other hand, I think I have to waste 5 tags on QBs for the next two seasons.

Luck is having an excellent season and Lamar has shown too much to risk losing him. He can be a sim gawd if he becomes the starter next year and has a big season.

6 tags if I decide to wait on Jimmy also

Would be silly to trade the farm for him just to give up

44 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

As a division rival I'm glad he did that. 

Must be nice to be in a division where everyone makes questionable moves.

31 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:
9 hours ago, pwny said:

Must be nice to be in a division where everyone makes questionable moves.

Wow this actually hurt a little

I mean... you went from having your choice of two starting quarterbacks, to having no starting quarterbacks. 

The price was high, but it'd be interesting to see what you do with those picks. Reality is, iPwn basically has to pay a late 1st for 3 seasons, plus some change, for the right to have a franchise quarterback that can take his team to a higher level.

You dont trade those guys for draft picks. You trade them for guys who will never hit the draft to begin with. Jarvis Landry is a good receiver, but him plus a 2nd to move Goff and have to gamble on where / when you net a replacement QB (and of what caliber) just doesn't make much sense.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

I mean... you went from having your choice of two starting quarterbacks, to having no starting quarterbacks. 

The price was high, but it'd be interesting to see what you do with those picks. Reality is, iPwn basically has to pay a late 1st for 3 seasons, plus some change, for the right to have a franchise quarterback that can take his team to a higher level.

You dont trade those guys for draft picks. You trade them for guys who will never hit the draft to begin with. Jarvis Landry is a good receiver, but him plus a 2nd to move Goff and have to gamble on where / when you net a replacement QB (and of what caliber) just doesn't make much sense.

Yeah, its certainly a risk. I have a few backup plans though and I actually think we're at a point in the NFL where there is quite a few viable starting QBs. I'm hoping with the picks I've gained, I can build a very strong run game with a strong defense and get a game manager of sorts at QB. 

It might turn out to bite me in the butt, but I feel that I'll be able to get myself a decent option at QB for this upcoming season.

14 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

We've all said things we didn't mean. Like all the times you tried saying you were having a "tough debate" between Mahomes and that bum Carr.

If I dont trade Carr, it's very likely I roll with him as my starter for S17 & S18. If this league was based off just 1 prior season I wouldn't, but as I've pointed out, statistically Carr is having a career year in several categories, and he's also got 2017 and 2016 to lean on. I've learned my lesson from when I was first transitioning to Carr.

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

If I dont trade Carr, it's very likely I roll with him as my starter for S17 & S18. If this league was based off just 1 prior season I wouldn't, but as I've pointed out, statistically Carr is having a career year in several categories, and he's also got 2017 and 2016 to lean on. I've learned my lesson from when I was first transitioning to Carr.

I'll believe this when it happens. If it does, its as bad a move as me trading Goff/Kirk.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:
4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I'll believe this when it happens. If it does, its as bad a move as me trading Goff/Kirk.

Why? Mahomes would probably get some looks, but I don't anticipate Carr being pure garbage or anything close.

You didn't want Alex Smith, but his caliber of play is probably the best you can hope for in the immediate (see: next 2 years) future. You traded away Goff for effectively Jarvis Landry (tagged). You'd end up needing to draft a QB, so each season those picks are geared towards that, so you basically accept Jarvis Landry + Alex Smith + 1 more available tag over Jared Goff. That's a deal I wouldn't make.

If you plan on drafting a rookie or another young talent to groom, that's fine... but then that:

1. Renders your draft picks in the immediate future pointless, as you need time for the player to develop. 

2. Still need someone immediate to start, so still sinking draft capital to get a quarterback.

With all due respect, your offensive talent isn't on the level of the Bullets who allowed Smith to really thrive... and yet they still got bounced out the first round (by yours truly). So as much fun as it was to pile up those picks... it's something that looks nice on paper, but in the end, does it really elevate your team? From my perspective as a division rival I am thrilled you made that trade.

Archived