The SuperFlex Syndicate (Dynasty Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

1 minute ago, persiandud said:

Looks like I started the TE run. Interesting that it seems like people are scared off by the persistent Gronk retirement rumors

That and age and injuries. I'm sure he'll be gone in a round or two. Guy is still a BEAST when on the field. 

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Also, SOB USMC lol

1 pick away from Ertz! 

Engram isn't a terrible consolation prize but he is a tier below. Figured TE was already very thin and rarely is there that much young talent so I took Engram and he'll be set at TE for a decade

Welcome to my world sucka! You've sniped me at least twice so far!

Glad you're getting a taste of your own medicine, lol.

1 minute ago, USMC_PackFan said:

I don't know about anyone else but, I would have taken Thielen over Cooks all day.

I was thinking youth and proven track record.

I love Thielen but he’s older and only got two proven years whereas Cooks is younger and been great 3/4 years in the league. Vikings D will probably be better, so Cousins won’t have to drop back as much. Personally don’t think the Rams new addition will translate as smoothly as most expect. They’ll be great but I feel mistake prone enough to force their great offense to score. And score they will. They traded a first for Cooks. Worst case scenario, he continues to be what he has been— a boom or bust, week to week guy who ends up being a top-16 WR.

1 minute ago, One Punch Man said:

I was thinking youth and proven track record.

I love Thielen but he’s older and only got two proven years whereas Cooks is younger and been great 3/4 years in the league. Vikings D will probably be better, so Cousins won’t have to drop back as much. Personally don’t think the Rams new addition will translate as smoothly as most expect. They’ll be great but I feel mistake prone enough to force their great offense to score. And score they will. They traded a first for Cooks. Worst case scenario, he continues to be what he has been— a boom or bust, week to week guy who ends up being a top-16 WR.

You lost me initially when you said Cooks has been "great" in the league.  But the more I read the more you self corrected the statement by saying what he really has been which is boom or bust.  Like you eluded to, there's a reason he's been traded TWICE in such a short span...

2 minutes ago, USMC_PackFan said:

You lost me initially when you said Cooks has been "great" in the league.  But the more I read the more you self corrected the statement by saying what he really has been which is boom or bust.  Like you eluded to, there's a reason he's been traded TWICE in such a short span...

True. This will be the first QB he has that has the arm strength to match his apparent role: deep threat.

In the end, Cooks is going to be a yearly 1000-yard receiver that doesn’t feel like a great receiver cause of his maddening inconsistency. But talking sums, he’ll be top 16 for at least another 4-5 more years. Can’t say the same for Thielen. 

Now I'm not saying he's bad or anything but, I just see Cooks as a one trick pony kind of receiver and in a full PPR leagues that depresses his value.  

On the other hand Theilen reminds me a lot of Jordy Nelson when things began to click for him.  Sure he's older than Cooks but, there's just something about that dude that screams heart & determination.  Believe me, as a Packers fan it's tough to be saying this but, It's really hard not to like the guy.