The SuperFlex Syndicate (Dynasty Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

27 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

As soon as i take Bryant he might be suspended lol Welp thats why he fell i guess

Almost done guys!!

Yeah, just read about that.  Sucks that Gruden gave up a 3rd to get him.  I'm sure he's regretting that right about now...

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea oh well. Odds are i wasnt keeping him anyways but still thought he was good value at the time

Yeah, you didn't spend much on him at all. Too bad he's such a nucklehead because you could've gotten a very good return on such a small Investment. 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea its nbd. If he gets suspended he's probably dropped anyways.

Also, i like the Randall Cobb pick

Yeah, I debated between him and a younger guy but decided Cobb has the best chance to make an impact this season, which I am gonna need because I’m pretty young lol 

Once Mr. Irrelevant is selected I'll be done entering all draft picks via ESPN.  Then a one day waiver period will follow.  After that we are ready to rock!

[holds up a glass]  Here's to an injury free off season for all of our players!

(no for real, I really drank to that) :D

Edited by USMC_PackFan
  • Like 1

Personal Draft Review

There’s an obvious theme for the guys I drafted: upside. I wanted to be as balanced as possible in regards to age and expected production/progression. The latter is seen more in my WRs. Let’s go by position group.

QB: I’m all in on Pat Mahomes. Big Mahomer. If he’s halfway decent in his sophomore season, with the weapons at his disposal, it’ll be hard for him to stay outside of the top-12 for scoring at the QB position. Reid makes QBs fantasy relevant, and Mahomes is the most talented guy he’s had since McNabb. In fact, I often compare Mahomes to McNabb. Good size, mobile guys with rocket arms. Matt Ryan just signed an extension and got another weapon and protector on the line. He’s a safe guy for at least another 3-4 years.

RB: My heavy hitters.. Cook and Drake are risky, but Gordon and Gurley are safe enough to offset those risks. Tarik is a keeper for me. I view him as Sproles reincarnated, so being in a PPR.. yes, I’m a fan. Will never be a lead-back and that’s totally okay. Crowell is a bit of a sleeper for me. I really like him in a 3-down role and I think that’s what he’ll have for the Jets. If he doesn’t pan out, I’m not too worried.

WR: Yikes. I’m really swinging for the fences here. These guys are slight variants of one another at least in regard to production. One week they’re great, the next they’ve disappeared. My optimism lies in their youth and their high-powered offenses (Watkins and Cooks). This is my definite weakness, but even then I’m not overly worried. Marvin Jones is finally starting to click in the Lions offense. Robby is a stud but he’s just as stupid off the field as he is great on the field. John Ross was a swing on youth and draft stock. I liked him at UW but also we can’t ignore how small and injury prone he is. Kelvin Benjamin is the no. 1 in what’s expected to be a low volume offense. But then again, if their Defense regresses, they may be playing catch up. His last productive season was a result of garbage time, no? Sleeper.

TE: Somewhat similar situation to my WRs. Reed if he could stay healthy is about as safe as one could get at TE. Especially with Alex Smith in town. But that will always be his fatal flaw: health. I’ll take him season by season and see what to do with him. But Burton is extremely intriguing to me... he’s fairly young and in an offense where the TE plays a prominent role. Yes, Shaheen is there, but also hasn’t shown as much promise as a pass catcher. And it’s not like Reid-offenses haven’t been able to sprinkle in production to other TEs. They signed Burton early on to be a fixture in the pass game. Fun enough, he’s reunited with his former college teammate. Both are comparable to each other, based on skill set. We’re about to witness a break out. If not then TE is one of the more volatile positions. If you don’t have a top-5 Guy, then you’re better off streaming. My thing is, if health allows, I might have two really good TEs.

D/ST & K: Pleasantly surprised with who I ended up with. The Saints secondary should be great for a few years. Their defensive line is underrated. Rankins, Onyemata, and Cam Jordan of course.. Davenport will be a fiend off the edge, perhaps not off the bat but he’s too talented and he’s not expected to be the primary. Starting off as a tertiary option should provide him with too many 1-on-1s. Demario Davis coming in helps solidify their LBs. They’re average as a group. All they really need. Harrison Butker is young and most importantly, is a good kicker in a good/great offense. 

Overall: 8.5/10

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Those RBs are something man but idk about the WRs/TEs

That’s fair. They scare me too. But I’m not opposed to boom-or-bust play. Especially from positions that are fairly difficult to bank on year-to-year unless you’ve got established stars. Outside of Gronk/Kelce/Ertz and eventually Engram, the TE position is a crapshoot. 

RB is deeper than ever. And I love my RBs. Investing there and getting guaranteed weekly production was my preferred choice. 

9 hours ago, One Punch Man said:

That’s fair. They scare me too. But I’m not opposed to boom-or-bust play. Especially from positions that are fairly difficult to bank on year-to-year unless you’ve got established stars. Outside of Gronk/Kelce/Ertz and eventually Engram, the TE position is a crapshoot. 

RB is deeper than ever. And I love my RBs. Investing there and getting guaranteed weekly production was my preferred choice. 

It might be your preferred choice but i do feel like you had no choice in the matter...because damn that trio is wicked