USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

Nonsense is starting sheperd or Mathews over Adams or Jackson.... It's skimming points/tanking... I've played legit. With legit lineups. How are we supposed to know who's the worst team, when owners arnt trying to field the best lineup possible? That's not nonsense, maybe could be blamed on just lacking of knowledge, but I know you are a smart guy chi, you ain't fooling anybody on this topic. Especially the guy that should probably rightfully own 1.01 next draft. 

1 minute ago, honolulu2786 said:

Nonsense is starting sheperd or Mathews over Adams or Jackson.... It's skimming points/tanking... I've played legit. With legit lineups. How are we supposed to know who's the worst team, when owners arnt trying to field the best lineup possible? That's not nonsense, maybe could be blamed on just lacking of knowledge, but I know you are a smart guy chi, you ain't fooling anybody on this topic. Especially the guy that should probably rightfully own 1.01 next draft. 

You can't look at our teams side by side and tell me that your team is worse than mine... not seriously. You have Hyde and Fournette at RB (plus Abdullah, a solid RB3, and Henry, who could be a RB1 next year), plus Parker, Cooper, and Shepard at WR. I'd point out Luck, but who knows if he even plays football again.

I have??? Adams and Wentz???

3 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

You can't look at our teams side by side and tell me that your team is worse than mine... not seriously. You have Hyde and Fournette at RB (plus Abdullah, a solid RB3, and Henry, who could be a RB1 next year), plus Parker, Cooper, and Shepard at WR. I'd point out Luck, but who knows if he even plays football again.

I have??? Adams and Wentz???

I don't have to make a comparison of our rosters like that, THATS WHY WE PLAY THE GAMES. We are all supposed to play the lineup that gives us the best chance to score the most points. It's as simple as that. After we all do that legitimately for a season, our records/points for answer that question. It's when people play mediocre lineups with points sitting on their bench that screw up the system. 

Just now, honolulu2786 said:

I don't have to make a comparison of our rosters like that, THATS WHY WE PLAY THE GAMES. We are all supposed to play the lineup that gives us the best chance to score the most points. It's as simple as that. After we all do that legitimately for a season, our records/points for answer that question. It's when people play mediocre lineups with points sitting on their bench that screw up the system. 

Then why do we have matchups? Why not just play a points league? Top half wins, bottom half loses.

16 minutes ago, honolulu2786 said:

I think you're pulling away from this argument because in your heart of hearts you know you're in the wrong. All I'm saying is play me legit. That's all I want from anyone in this league. Maybe this league isn't for me. 

I'm not pulling away from the argument. I'm just responding to what you are saying. Someone suggested that if there were question as to a starting lineup, it should be explained, and that's what I did. This is the whole point that I am trying to make, that who you would start and who I might start can be completely different, and neither one of us has to be wrong. The only thing you can realistically enforce is to require that players who are active on game day and seeing snaps be started at a bare minimum.

I understand you want to land the number one pick to take Barkely. You still might. But right now the standings say that my team is the worst team in the league, so I am in line for that pick as it currently stands. Nonetheless, if there is going to be all this drama about starting lineups (when I have started a legal and active lineup each week, contrary to some teams), I don't see why we even continue to have starting lineups. Someone is always going to be unhappy. There are leagues where your top scoring performers from week to week are what counts towards the scoring for your team. Further, there are leagues where the top half of the league is determined to be "winners" while the bottom half of the league is determined to be "losers". If there is going to be so much drama about "tanking", then why don't we just take all choice out of the equation and make the only active parts of this league adding players, dropping players, making trades, and drafting? 

If everyone is going to have an input on who other teams put in their starting lineup, then why not just go full democracy and we can have a weekly poll for each team, with the players receiving the highest votes for each team being in their starting lineup. That would be pretty much the only "fair" way to do things. Otherwise, someone is always going to disagree with someone else, and someone's behavior is going to be identified as "anti-competitive". 

I'm sorry for being long winded, but there is simply no realistic method for policing starting lineups short of ensuring that the players in them are active. If I start Rashard Higgins and he goes off for 30 points and I win my matchup, but in the process I bench Antonio Brown who scores 6, is my lineup going to be modified because I made an unpopular decision, even though it won me the matchup? It is a two way street.

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

It’s not that complex. People aren’t idiots...they can tell when teams are tanking. If you tank, you should lose your team.

If you think that I am tanking, then kick me out of the league. I don't acknowledge any wrongdoing, but if everyone in the league feels strongly that I have done something wrong, then so be it.

On 11/28/2017 at 5:44 PM, chisoxguy7 said:

I have no problem with tanking, as long as you are starting guys who are seeing reps on game day, I don't care if you sit Julio Jones and Antonio Brown on your bench to start Kendall Wright or Marquise Goodwin or Phillip Dorsett.

It's wrong. It's wrong every day of the week. You yourself consider it tanking.

34 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

If you think that I am tanking, then kick me out of the league. I don't acknowledge any wrongdoing, but if everyone in the league feels strongly that I have done something wrong, then so be it.

I’m not pointing fingers. I honestly don’t know what you’ve been doing and haven’t had the time to look into it. It’s the commish’s job to enforce rules, not mine. 

41 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m not pointing fingers. I honestly don’t know what you’ve been doing and haven’t had the time to look into it. It’s the commish’s job to enforce rules, not mine. 

Therein lies the problem. USMC hasn't made an appearance recently.

• Like 1

Honestly, if we have USMC not around, and so many teams not setting lineups, it may make sense to do a 1 or 2 keeper complete redraft with new owners filling the vacant slots. It's hard to keep continuity in a league if you are replacing 5 owners one offseason, and more challenging when it's 5 existing rosters you have to find owners for. Frankly, this Fantasy Football board probably isn't active enough to fill this league.